Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr. is an Indian actor, dancer, and a playback singer who works in Telugu films. He is best known for portraying the role of ‘Raja’ in the Telugu film “Yamadonga.” He is a recipient of two state Nandi Awards, two Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Awards, and four CineMAA Awards. He was ranked 27th in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list in 2012.
N. T. Rama Rao Jr. was born on 20 May 1983 (age 36 years; as in 2019) in Hyderabad.
He did his schooling from Hyderabad’s Vidyaranya High School and St. Mary’s College (Intermediate) and went to Vignan College, Vadlamudi, Andhra Pradesh to pursue his graduation.
His zodiac sign is Taurus. Rao made his first on-screen appearance as a child actor in 1991 in the Telugu film “Brahmashri Vishwamitra” in which he played the role of Bharata.
At the age of 15, he featured in the film “Balaramayanam.”
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 78 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 43″, Waist 32″, Biceps 15″
Family, Caste & Wife
Jr. NTR belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, Nandamuri Krishna, was an actor, producer, and politician. His mother, Shalini Bhaskar Rao, is a homemaker. Rama Rao has a stepmother, Lakshmi. He has two half brothers, Janaki Ram, and Nandamuri Kalyan Ram. He also has a half-sister named Nandamuri Suhasini.
He is the grandson of N. T. Rama Rao, a Telugu actor and former Cheif Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh.
He tied the knot with Lakshmi Pranathi on 5 May 2011. The couple has two sons, Nandamuri Abhay Ram, and Bhargava Ram.
Jr. NTR made his debut as a lead actor in 2001 with the Telugu film “Ninnu Choodalani.” Next, he appeared in V. V. Vinayak’s action drama “Aadi.” He played the role of an action hero in the film who takes revenge on a landlord for his parent’s death. The film performed well at the box office and was one of the highest grossing films of the year 2002.
Subsequently, he featured in Telugu films like “Student No. 1,” “Simhadri,” “Rakhi,” “Yamadonga,” “Brindavanam,” “Baadshah,” “Nannaku Prematho,” “Janatha Garage,” and “Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava.”
In addition to acting, he is also a good singer. He has lent his voice to popular songs like “Lammi Thikkaregindha” from the Telugu film ‘Yamadonga’ (2007), “123 Nenoka Kantri” from the Telugu film ‘Kantri’ (2008), and “Geleya Geleya” from the Kannada film ‘Chakravyuha’ (2016).
Rao has endorsed various brands including Malabar Gold, Himani Navratna Hair Oil & talc powder, Boro Plus Powder, and Zandu Balm in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
In 2009, he campaigned for the Telugu Desam Party for the Indian General Elections.
Jr. NTR’s net worth is estimated to be $2 million. He gets paid around ₹13-15 crore for a film.
- Actress: Savitri
- Food: Biryani, Chicken 65
- Colours: Blue, Black
- Films: Missamma (Telugu, 1955), Ramudu Bheemudu (Telugu, 1964)
- Destination: Paris
- Sport: Badminton, Cricket
- His hobbies include dancing, singing, and reading books.
- His friends and family fondly call him Jr. NTR, Tiger NTR, and Tarak.
- Rao is a trained Kuchipudi dancer.
- Surprisingly, his step-grandmother, step-mother, and wife have the same first name- “Lakshmi.”
- Jr. NTR was initially named ‘Tarak.’ He got his name ‘Nandamuri Tharaka Rama Rao’ while shooting for the film “Brahmarshi Vishwamitra” which was directed by Sr NTR. It was the first time that he met his grandfather when he was 13-year-old.
- He lost around 20 kgs of weight for his role in the film “Yamadonga.”
- Not just in India, but, Jr. NTR. also has a huge fan following in Japan. Not just this, his film Baadshah was dubbed in Japanese and it was also nominated for the film festival in Japan.
- His song “Sairo Sairo” from the film ‘Baadshah’ is very much popular among the audience of Hong Kong.
- On 26 March 2009, while Jr. NTR was on his way back to Hyderabad after campaigning for the elections, the SUV in which he was travelling was struck head-on with another vehicle at Khammam. He and his companions were thrown out of the SUV and they suffered injuries. He was then admitted to KIMS Hospital in Hyderabad.
- He lives in his house at road no. 31, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
- Jr. NTR cooks food for his wife whenever he is stressed.
- Jr. NTR was the first choice for blockbuster films “Dil,” “Bhadra,” “Athanokkade,” “Srimanthudu,” “Kick,” “Aarya,” and “Krishna” but he rejected the films due to his busy schedule.