Tanmay Vekaria is an Indian actor and theatre artist who rose to fame after playing the role of ‘Bagha’ in the Hindi TV show Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (2008).
Tanmay Anand Vekaria was born on Friday, 24 July 1981 (age 41 years; as of 2022) in Surat, Gujarat. He did his schooling at Our Lady of Remedy High School in Mumbai and holds a graduate degree from Nagindas Khandwala College, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Arvind Vekaria, is a Gujarati drama actor. Tanmay has a sister and a brother.
Wife & Children
Tanmay’s wife’s name is Mitsu Vekaria. They have a daughter named Vrishti, and a son named Zeeshan.
Tanmay resides at the Raj Arcade at Kandivali West, Mumbai.
In 2008, Tanmay made his acting debut with the popular Hindi sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ in which he played the role of Bagha. In this show, he played several roles such as Inspector Ghorpade, a taxi driver, a rikshaw driver, a school teacher named Santosh, and Rukhmani’s husband before landing the role of Bagha.
Tanmay played the role of Sujeet Kumar Sharma in the Sony SAB Hindi sitcom F.I.R. (2006).
In 2017, he made his Gujarati film debut with the Gujarati film ‘Samay Chara Time Slot.’
Tanmay was cast by the directors Hardik Sadhwani and Ritviq Joshi in the Hindi short film ‘Jaagran’ which premiered at the San Francisco International Film Festival on 26 April 2022.
Theatre & play
In 2009, Tanmay appeared in a Gujarati comedy play titled Ghar Ghar Ni Vaat, which aired on Shemaroo TV.
- 2019: Indian Telly Award – Best Ensemble (Fiction) for the TV show ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’
- 2012: Sab Ke Anokhe Award – ‘Sab se Anokhi Chaal’ for the TV show ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’
- Sport: Cricket
- Travel Destination: Sydney
- Tanmay struggled with depression due to unemployment in 2010.
- In 2017, he made his Bollywood debut with the Gujarati film ‘Samay Chakra Time Slot.’
- Following the death of Ghanshyam Nayak who played the role of Nattu Kaka in the popular Indian sitcom Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, a video went viral in which Tanmay Vekaria hinted about the new Nattu Kaka, Kiran Bhatt.