Nushrat Bharucha is an Indian model and actress who came into the spotlight by playing the role of ‘Neha’ in the Hindi romantic comedy “Pyaar Ka Punchnama.”
Nushrat Bharucha was born on Friday, 17 May 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did her schooling from Mumbai’s Lilavatibai Podar High School and went to Jai Hind College to pursue her graduation. She was a part of her school’s theatre and actively participated in plays and drama. While Nushrat was in college, she went to a talent management firm to join there as a scout. Instead, they offered her a role in Zee TV’s Kittie Party. However, the long working hours and ill-treatment of a few fellows led her to quit the show within a year. She then did theatre for a long time before venturing into films.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-25-34
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Nushrat Bharucha belongs to the Shia sect (Dawoodi Bohra Community) of a Muslim Family. Live Mint Her father, Tanvir Bharucha, owns a business of heat-resistant ceramic coating. Her mother, Tasneem Bharucha is a homemaker. She is the only child of her parents. Live Mint Nusrat is very close to her paternal grandmother.
Nushrat was rumoured to be in a relationship with her Pyaar Ka Punchnama co-star, Kartik Aaryan.
Nushrat started her career with a TV commercial alongside the Bollywood actress Asin. She made her acting debut in 2016 with the Bollywood film “Jai Santoshi Maa” in which she played the role of ‘Mahima.’ Next, she appeared in the film “Kal Kisne Dekha.” Subsequently, she was paired with Rajkummar Rao and Anshuman Jha in the film “Love Sex Aur Dhokha.”
In 2010, she made her Telugu film debut by playing the role of ‘Shruthi’ in the film “Taj Mahal.” Her Tamil debut came in 2016 with the film “Vaaliba Raja.” In 2011, Nushrat earned wide popularity after playing the role of ‘Neha’ in the Bollywood film “Pyaar Ka Punchnama.” Thereafter, she appeared in Bollywood films like “Akaash Vani,” “Darr @ The Mall,” “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2,” and “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.”
She has appeared in the TV series “Seven,” which aired on Sony Entertainment Television. Nusrat has also featured on the covers of various magazines like “FHM India,” “Exhibit,” “Femina Brides,” “Travel+Leisure.”
She has even walked the ramp for various fashion shows including “Bombay Times Fashion Week” and “IFFD India Runway Week.”
In 2019, Nushrat featured in the music video of the Punjabi song “Ishq Tere.”
- BIG Star Entertainment Award for BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Role (Female) for the film “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2” (2015)
- Big Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast for the film “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2” (2015)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Award for Best Actress In Comic Role for the film “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2” (2016)
- GeoSpa AsiaSpa Award for Rising Star of India (2018)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Award for Best Actress in a Negative Role for the film “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety” (2018)
- Exhibit Tech Award for Fashion Influencer Of The Year (2018)
- Food: Chicken, Biryani, Mutton
- Dessert: Ice-cream
- Beverage: Fresh Fruit Juice
- Film: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- Books: Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga
- Netflix Series: Sacred Games
- Colours: Grey, Olive, Brown
- Her hobbies include reading books, dancing, watching movies, and travelling.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Although Nushrat loves to eat non-vegetarian food, she turned vegan during the shooting for the film “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.” Times of India
- Nushrat is very particular about her fitness and follows a strict workout regime.
- She had her first theatre experience at the age of 4. She walked on the stage dressed as Ms. Hawaii during her school’s annual function.
- Nushrat is fond of dogs and often shares her pictures with the dogs on her Instagram handle.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Babu.
- She is a huge fan of Ranbir Kapoor.
- She considers Nawazuddin Siddiqui as her inspiration.
- Bharucha, during an interview, shared that she had spent her childhood in a joint family and that her community didn’t consider acting as a real profession. She further told that during her initial days in the industry, she had told her extended family members that acting was only a summer job for her.
- Nushrat shared in an interview that she had been brought up with both elements in the family- orthodox and liberal.
References [ + ]