Nikhita Gandhi is an Indian playback singer. She is popularly known as ‘Ladio Girl.’
Nikhita Gandhi was born on Wednesday, 2 October 1991 (age 27 years; as in 2018) in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
She did her schooling from La Martiniere for girls, Calcutta (Kolkata). She then moved to Chennai for learning dentistry and got her bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery from Ramachandra University, Chennai. She attended the KM College of Music & Technology to learn western classical music.
Height: 5′ 3″ (approx.)
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Nikhita is a half-Bengali and half-Punjabi. Her father, Uday Veer Gandhi and her mother, Nipa Gandhi are dentists.
She has two brothers; one of her brother’s name is Niru.
She started her career as a playback singer with the song “Modern Kalyanam” from the Tamil film “Kalyana Samayal Saadham” in 2013.
She then sang the song “Ladio” for Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi version of the Tamil film “I (2015).”
She sang three tracks for the Iranian movie “Muhammad (SAL): The Messenger of God” in 2015. She made her debut as a singer in Bollywood with the song “Raabta Title Song” from the movie “Raabta” in 2017.
In an interview, she said- “Music labels tend to interfere in creative content,” which sparked a controversy. She took her social media handles to clear the misunderstanding and said that she had been misquoted. She, in her statement, wrote that her words were misinterpreted and there was a confusion in what she had said and what was published.
- Food/Beverages: Italian Cuisine, Cappuccino
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra
- Musicians: A. R. Rahman, Anupam Roy, Alicia Keys
- Singers: Benny Dayal, Rekha Bhardwaj, Usha Uthup, Ghulam Ali
- Director: A.R. Murugadoss
- She likes travelling and playing carrom.
- During her college days, she was the part of the choir troupe of her college.
- She has been trained in Odissi and Hindustani music for almost 12 years.
- Her first stage performance was at ‘Saarang,’ annual social and cultural festival of IIT, Chennai, where she won the competition under the solo singing category.
- She was all set to become a dentist until she was noticed by A. R. Rahman during an Indo-German exchange when she and her choir group was performing with the German orchestra. A. R. Rahman auditioned her individually for an independent project ‘Qyuki,’ which he was doing with Shekhar Kapur.
- In 2012, she released her Bengali album titled, “Kotha,” a rearrangement of Nazrul Geeti (songs composed and written by the poet, Kazi Nazrul Islam), which became an instant success.
- She is an active philanthropist and works for a number of social and environmental welfare programs. She organizes free dental camps and also promotes tree plantation and dog adoption.
- She is a lead vocalist of a 5-member band, ‘Noor,’ which includes Sajith Sathya, Jerard Felix, Godfrey Immanuel, and Joshua Gopal. She performs regularly at concerts and music festivals.
- She has also sung three songs for the Hollywood movie “Pelé: Birth of a Legend (2016),” a biographical film based on the life of the Brazillian footballer “Pelé.”
- In 2018, she released her first independent single “Humshakal.” The song was composed and produced by Nikhita herself.