Shyamoli Sanghi is a popular Indian singer. She is known as the ‘Indian Hannah Montana.’ News 18
Shyamoli was born on Tuesday, 16 June 19989 (age 21 years; as in 2019), in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She completed her schooling from Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai. Later, Shyamoli, along with her family, moved to the USA. She joined Stanford University in California to study Maths and Philosophy as her major subjects in graduation. News 18
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
She was born in a Maharashtrian family. Her father’s name is Sharad Sanghi, and her mother’s name is Nirali Sanghi. She has a brother, Siddhant Sanghi.
She started her training in Hindustani classical music at the age of 6. She was trained under her guru Shampa Pakrashi. She has completed Visharadh Dwitiya degree in the Hindustani classical vocal from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. She debuted in 2018, as a singer and actor in the music video ‘Tu Naa Aaya” opposite Siddharth Nigam.
In the same year, she released two other songs “Dorr” and “Ahida.” In 2019, her song “Ladka Mamuli Sa” was released. In 2019, she lent her voice for Balaji’s TV serials ‘Kalash – Ek Vishwaas’ and ‘Ajeeb Dastan Hai.’
- Festival: Holi
- Subject: Mathematics
- She has completed grade 5 in piano from the Royal College of Music, UK.
- She took a six-month break to record her first two singles– Tu Na Aaya and Dorr.
- When she was asked about working in Bollywood, she said,
I have always been a fan of Bollywood movies and it has been my dream to become a playback singer. I hope to get opportunities to sing in movies and work with talented, creative musical minds and sing in diverse genres. Songs full of meaning and emotion are what piques my interest. As far as studies are concerned, I have always been academically inclined.”
- She has joined Talisman group of her college, which performs in various languages including Zulu, Xhosa, Spanish, Mandarin, and Shona.
- She is well-versed in playing tabla and harmonium.
- Her first video ‘Tu Na Aaya’ got 13 million views on YouTube in one month only. In an interview, she shared her first meeting with the music composer Ravi Singhal, she said,
I instantly clicked with him. Our ideas about music are the same and so is our thought process about composing original scores. After working together and deliberating for some time and deciding on a song that was appropriate for my age, we came up with the first single Tu Na Aaya.”
- When in an interview she was asked how she manages her studies and music, she said,
I try to manage my time and prioritize what is to be done when, and this helps me find a balance. After completing my first year at university, I took a six-month break to record my first two singles – Tu Na Aaya and Dorr. My third song, Ahida, which is a Sufi composition has just been released. I have now resumed studies and giving equal importance to both these aspects of my life. For anyone who wishes to make a career in this field or any other, I would only say focus on your goals and what you want to achieve. This will help you in taking things forward more efficiently. More importantly, take your family and near ones into confidence and work hard to make your dream come true.”
References [ + ]
|1, 2.||↑||News 18|