Nihal Tauro is an Indian playback singer who came into the limelight after participating in the singing reality show “Indian Idol 12.”
Nihal Tauro was born on Monday, 21 Feb 2000 (age 21 years; as of 2020) in Moodabidri town of Mangalore, in Karnataka, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his schooling at Jenni school, Tamil Nadu, and pursued with Bachelor of Commerce as his graduation course. He was inclined towards music since his childhood and used to participate in various singing competitions in his school and college.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Nihal Tauro’s mother, Prisila Tauro is a homemaker and father, Herald Tauro was a choirmaster earlier but now works in a private bank. The music is flowing in the genes of the family. Nihal’s father was also very passionate about and wanted to be a singer but due to the financial conditions of the family, he started working at a very young age to support his family.
Nihal Tauro also has a younger sibling, whose name is not known.
Nihal Tauro began his singing career in 2008 with the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Kannada Season 15 where he was one of the finalists of the show. The show gained him a lot of recognization and popularity. He has also won the titles of Daijiworld Studio Voice and Voice of Udupi. After doing some singing shows he started performing at various stage shows. He has done many international shows in Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
In 2020, Nihal auditioned for the Sony Entertainments singing reality show “Indian Idol 12” where he sang the song “Dil Sambhal Ja Zara” and left the judges Neha Kakkar, Vishal Dadlani, and Himesh Reshammiya awed with his voice. His selection for the show gained him a lot of popularity.
Nihal also works as a playback singer for the Kannada industry and has given his voice in songs for movies like Premieres Padmini and Love Mocktail.
Besides Kannada, Nihal has crooned in Tulu and Konkani film songs and music albums.
Nihal Tauro is a die-hard fan of the Indian Singer and music Composer Arijit Singh and considers him as his musical god.
- Nihal Tauro was inclined towards music since his childhood and started learning music at the age of 4.
- He is fluent in Hindi, English, and Kannada languages.
- His look is also inspired by his singing idol, Arijit Singh.
- Nihal is a nature lover and loves animals.
- He was spotted wearing a live plant locket around his neck every time he performed on the stage of Indian Idol 12. When Nihal was asked about this habit of him he replied,
I believe humans are always tensed and this live plant locket gives me peace and positivity.”
- Nihal has done over 200 stage shows across Indian, Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
- Nihal lent his voice to the cover version of Tere Sang Yaara of “Rustom”, originally composed by Arko Pravo Mukherjee. The song hit nearly 2 million views on YouTube.
- His hobbies include travelling and dancing.