Sajid Khan is an Indian film director, actor, comedian, and TV host. In 2022, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss’ season 16.
Sajid Kamran Khan Alamy was born on Monday, 23 November 1971 (age 51 years; as of 2022) YouTube- Doordarshan Sahyadri in Bombay, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
He did his schooling at Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai, Maharashtra. He pursued graduation in psychology from SVKM’s Mithibai College of Arts Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. YouTube- Doordarshan Sahyadri
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sajid belongs to a Parsi family. The Times of India
Parents & Siblings
His father, Kamran Khan, was an Indian actor, director, and producer. His mother’s name is Menaka Khan Irani.
He has an elder sister Farah Khan, who is a famous Indian choreographer and film director.
As of 2022, he is not married.
The Indian filmmaker Shirish Kunder is his brother-in-law.
Sajid is the maternal uncle of Diva Kunder, Anya Kunder, and Czar Kunder.
His maternal aunt Honey Irani was earlier married to the famous Indian lyricist Javed Akhtar.
From Honey and Javed, Sajid has two cousins Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar. Farhan is working as an actor and singer, and Zoya is a film director.
Sajid’s maternal aunt Daisy Irani is married to the Indian screenwriter K. K. Shukla.
In an interview, Sajid shared that while he was in his 20s and 30s, he dated many girls and made fake promises of marriage to them. YouTube- Doordarshan Sahyadri He then dated a few Bollywood & TV actresses.
In 2003, he was in a relationship with the Indian model and actor Gauahar Khan. After dating for a year, they got engaged in a private ceremony. Later, they broke their engagement and got separated. YouTube- Doordarshan Sahyadri In an interview, while hinting towards Gauhar, Sajid said,
I wasn’t even a bad person that time. I didn’t even cheat her. I think that she got bored of me.”
Sajid has also dated the Indian TV actress Rakshanda Khan for almost 10 years. However, their long-term relationship did not turn into marriage, and the duo got separated. Jansatta
In 2014, there were rumours that Sajid was dating the South Indian actress Tamannaah Bhatia. The Free Press Journal In an interview, when Bhatia was asked about the same, she said that Sajid was like her brother.
Once Sajid’s name was linked with the Indian TV actress Urvashi Dholakia. DNA India During an interview, when Urvashi was asked about her affair rumours with Sajid Khan, she said that he was just a friend and not her boyfriend.
The most talked about affair of Sajid Khan was with the Indian actress Jacqueline Fernandez. In 2011, while shooting for the Hindi film ‘Housefull,’ they started dating. The couple dated for almost three years, and later, they got separated. Koimoi In an interview, when Sajid Khan was asked about his relationship and break-up with Jacqueline, he said,
While we broke up in May 2013, in reality right from December 2012, it started becoming sour. So you are already preparing your mind in those five months. Also, when you don’t have a woman in your life, you don’t have someone constantly nagging you, so you end up working better and are more focused. I went for a holiday with her for five days in the middle of making Himmatwala and felt so bad when the film didn’t do well. For Humshakals, I have not taken a single holiday.”
After the break-up of Sajid and Jacqueline, he was rumoured to be in a relationship with the Indian actress Esha Gupta. Deccan Chronicle In an interview, when Esha was asked about the same, she said that she already had a boyfriend.
Sanjay Plaza, A. B. Nair Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Sajid started his career as a host of the DD Metro TV show ‘Superhit Muqabla’ (1990). He once did the shooting of 16 episodes in a day for the TV show ‘Superhit Muqabla.’ In 1995, he hosted the TV show ‘Main Bhi Detective.’ In 1996, he hosted the popular TV show ‘Ikke Pe Ikka.’ The show was registered in the Limca Book of Records for working with one host (Sajid Khan) for the longest time. Facebook- Sajid Khan
He then hosted a few other TV shows like ‘Kehne Me Kya Harj Hai’ (1988), ‘Sajid No.1’ (1999), ‘Sajid’s Superstars’ (2008), and ‘Yaaron Ki Baraat’ (2016).
Sajid has judged a few TV shows like ‘Nach Baliye 6’ (2013) and ‘India’s Best Dramebaaz’ (2017). He has also worked as a judge in a few episodic TV shows.
In 2022, he participated in the Hindi reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss’ season 16. In an interview, he shared that he was offered the show 3-4 times before, but he was rejecting the offer as he was could not spend a day without watching a film.
Director & Writer
In 2006, he made his debut as a director and writer with the Hindi horror film ‘Darna Zaroori Hai’ for the opening story of the film.
He then worked as a writer and director in various Hindi films like ‘Heyy Babyy’ (2007), ‘Housefull’ (2010), ‘Housefull 2’ (2012), ‘Himmatwala’ (2013), and ‘Humshakals’ (2014).
In 1998, Sajid made his acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate’ as Chunky.
He then made cameo appearances in a few Hindi films such as ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004), ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ (2004), and ‘Happy New Year’ (2014).
Verbal Spat with Ashutosh Gowarikar
In 2009, while the Indian director Ashutosh Gowarikar was on the podium to receive the Best Film of The Year for ‘Jodha Akbar’ by Screen Awards, Ashutosh expressed that he was hurt by the jokes cracked by Sajid on his film. Ashutosh even said that he felt insulted, deeply hurt, and upset about Sajid making fun of him on the podium. When Sajid tried to clarify things, Ashutosh asked him to shut up. Later, Sajid’s sister, Farah came on stage and said that no one could tell them to shut up. Later, Sajid and Ashutosh sorted things out. Koimoi
In 2018, around nine Indian actresses and models shared their #MeToo moments against Sajid Khan. On 11 October 2011, an Indian journalist Karishma Upadhyay took to her Twitter account to talk about Sajid’s misconduct with her. She wrote that while she was at Sajid’s home for an interview, he talked about his private parts and even touched her inappropriately.
Later, the Indian-born Australian actress and model Saloni Chopra shared her #MeToo movement with Sajid Khan. She shared that the most horrible time of her life was when she worked with Sajid Khan in 2011. Later, when she was selected for the job, she was told that her job role was not an assistant director but a director’s assistant. She said that Sajid then started calling her at odd hours and even asked her for her bikini photos as he wanted to know how she would look if she became an actress. She further revealed that he even asked her to cast her in his film. She was so keen to work in Bollywood that she kept ignoring his inappropriate behaviour.
She further wrote about him and said that Sajid then started calling her at his home. He started annoying her by calling her daily during night hours. One night, Saloni was so frustrated that she told Sajid that if he only wanted to have a physical relationship with her she would come to his place but after that, he would not disturb her again. Then Saloni asked him why he was calling her daily. He replied that it was only for work. The next day, when Saloni reached the sets of Sajid’s film, he acted like nothing had happened and asked her to write an article. She then started doing her work, and in the middle of it, Sajid shouted at her and asked her to spread her legs while sitting, to which she disagreed. He then told her that she was so unattractive and was not good enough to become an actress. He then talked indecently to her after which Saloni ran out of the room and decided that she would never work with Sajid again. A few days later, he even called her to rejoin his office, but she was so petrified by his behaviour that if she rejoined him as an assistant, she would probably commit suicide. India Today
After reading Saloni’s tweet on Sajid Khan, the Indian actress Rachel White gained the strength to talk about her horrible experience with Sajid Khan. She said that she was once called by the team of Sajid for a role as a third lead in the Hindi film ‘Humshakals’ (2014). His team told her that all the star cast was finalised for the film except the third lead. She then agreed to it and went for the auditions. Later, she gave a call to Sajid to talk about the film, but he talked indecently to her. She then interrupted him in between and said that the call was regarding the film. Sajid then called her at his home, and when she refused the offer and said that she would meet him at his office only, then Sajid said that his mother would be at home, so she need not worry. When she reached his home, his mother was not present at his home, he then started talking to her about the private parts of her body. He then asked her to strip, because he said that there were bikini scenes in the film, but she refused to do so and told him that she had already sent her bikini portfolio to him. He did not stop there and asked her to seduce him. Rachel then decided that she would not work in the film, and the role was then offered to Bipasha Basu. Rachel said that even Bipasha was not comfortable on the sets of the film. The Indian Express In an interview, when Bipasha was asked about the same, she said Sajid’s behaviour with actresses was not good.
After Saloni Chopra’s revelation, many other Indian models and actresses came to her support and shared their bad experiences with Sajid Khan. One such actress is Aahana Kumra. In an interview, she shared that once Sajid called her to his home for a professional meeting. She was sitting in the living area, but she was then asked to go to his room as his mother was sitting in the living area. He initiated the chat with her in a decent manner. He asked her if she would make a physical relationship with a dog for Rs 100 crore. During the conversation, she even hinted that her mother was a police officer. India Today
Another model and actor who accused Sajid Khan was Mandana Karimi. In an interview, she said that in 2014 while discussing a role in the Hindi film Humshakals, Sajid asked her to remove her clothes, and said that if she did so, only then she would get the role in the film. In 2019, after a series of allegations, Sajid Khan stepped down as the director of the Hindi film ‘Housefull 4.’ In 2022, when Sajid participated as a contestant in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss,’ Mandana questioned the film industry for giving him an opportunity to work even after so many allegations against him. She further said that she would love to quit Bollywood after watching Sajid in Bigg Boss. The Free Press Journal DNA India A few other girls who accused Sajid of misconduct were Sherlyn Chopra, Jiah Khan’s sister, Paula, and Simran Suri. Telegraph India
Eviction from Bigg Boss 16
Soon after he was named one of the contestants in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss 16, demand for his eviction from the show became rife after many women accused him of sexual harassment. Celebrities including actresses Mandana Karimi, Aahana Kumra, Sherlyn Chopra, Kanishka Soni, Rani Chatterjee and many others joined hands, demanding his eviction from the show. The Times of India
- 2004: Indian Television Academy Award for Best Anchor – Music & Film-Based Show ‘Ikke Pe Ikka’
- 2013: Zee Cine Award for Power Club – Box Office Award for Housefull 2
- 2017: Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite TV Judge for India’s Best Dramebaaz
- SUV car
- BMW i8
- Bugatti Veyron
- BMW 7 series
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
- BMW 6 series convertible Haribhoomi
In 2022, his fees for the TV show Bigg Boss were around Rs 4-5 lakhs per week. Koimoi
As of 2022, his net worth is Rs 40 crore approx. Facebook – Pinkvilla
- Film Director: Ramesh Sippy
- Film(s): Sholay (1975), Shaan (1980)
- When he was 6 years old, his parents got separated. Sajid, along with his mother and sister, shifted to a chawl. Sajid and his sister used to spend a few days at his mother’s place and a few days at his father’s place.
- His father used to pay his school fees and enrolled him in a school for rich students, whereas he used to live in a slum area. He did not even have food to eat at his home, and his mother used to work in a hotel for Rs 300. This created a disbalance in his life and affected him psychologically. At the age of 10, Sajid started stealing things which started with stealing a pencil or eraser from his classmates. He then formed a gang with the boys in his slum area, and his gang made a fake donation form. From the money, he used to buy groceries for his home. When his mother used to ask him from where he got the money to buy the groceries, he said that he won it in a lottery.
- In an interview, he shared that while he was in class 10, he failed in the Marathi subject three times. YouTube- Doordarshan Sahyadri
- Since childhood, he loved to do mimicry for his slum friends. In his teens, he started working as a DJ at various local parties and events. He then hosted events at his college.
View this post on Instagram
- In 1985, Sajid and his sister Farah Khan performed as backup dancers in the Hindi song “Bacha Le Sambha Le Koi To Yahan Se Nikale” from the film 3D Saamri.’ In the song, their face was covered with mud.
- In 1988, Sajid, along with his friends, made a video at his home titled ‘Adventures of Ram Lakhan.’
- Since his teens, he is a cinephile. He used to watch the first-day first show of many Hindi films. He even has a ticket collection of all the films he has watched.
- Since childhood, he used to participate in various dance competitions at his school and college.
- Sajid and the Indian actor Ajay Devgn have studied in the same college.
- At the age of 15, he remained in jail for a day. Nav Bharat Times While he was in a TV show, he talked about the same, he said once while he was going through a railway track in midnight, he was caught by a havaldaar.
- Sajid does not consume alcohol. He is often spotted smoking cigarettes. YouTube- Doordarshan Sahyadri DNA India
- He has been organising motivational classes in various schools and colleges for the past few years. He has also helped drug addicts in getting help from various rehab centres.
- Sajid has been often criticised for his arrogance and being a self-praiser. He once said that he made the Indian actor Akshay Kumar get out of the bad phase in his career by casting him in the Hindi film ‘Housefull’ (2010). In an interview, he even said that the veteran Indian actor Naseeruddin Shah has worked in C-grade films. During the press conference of his Hindi film ‘Himmatwala’ (2013), he made big claims. However, instead of being the biggest hit, the film failed miserably at the box office. The film is also considered one of the biggest flops in Bollywood. Times Now Navbharat The film received the Surfers’ Choice Movie Award for Worst Film of the Year, the Golden Kela Award for Worst Film, and The Ghanta Award for Worst Director. In an interview, while talking about the failure of the film, Sajid said that the failure brought him back to the ground. He realised that he was too arrogant. He even said that he became mature after facing failures.