Urvashi Dholakia is an Indian model and actress. She shot to fame with her portrayal of the role of ‘Komolika” in the TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.” She has also worked as a theatre artist.
Urvashi Dholakia was born on Monday, 9 July 1979 (age 40 years; as in 2019). She began her acting career at the age of 11. Since then, she has worked in many TV serials.
She became a household name after she portrayed the role of ‘Komolika Basu’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.” Urvashi Dholakia has also participated in many reality shows. She is best known for her portrayal of negative roles.
- Height (Approx.): 5′ 4″
- Weight (Approx.): 65 kg
- Figure Measurement (Approx.): 34-30-36
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Light Brown (Dyed)
Family, Religion & Boyfriend
Urvashi Dholakia was born to a Punjabi mother and Gujarati father. Her mother’s name is Kaushal Dholakia. Her father has passed away.
She has a brother, Anurup Dholakia.
She got married at the age of sixteen and by the age of nineteen, she became a mother to twin sons, Sagar Dholakia and Kshitij Dholakia. She divorced her husband within two years of marriage. Her son, Sagar Dholakia, is an assistant director.
She was in a relationship with actor, Anuj Sachdev.
Urvashi Dholakia began working as a theatre artist at the age of 11 and was a part of Nadira Babbar’s theatre group named “Ekjute.” She made her acting debut on the television in the year 1997 with the show “Waqt Ki Raftaar.” She has also worked in “Dekh Bhai Dekh” and “Zamana Badal Gaya.”
View this post on Instagram
BHLASTTTT FROM THE PASSSTTT 🤣🤣🤣🤣 #zamanaBadalGaya #Sitcom #tvseries #1994 #uff #teenageyears #cherisheverymoment #lovemylife #thankful #gratitude #🙏🏻 #nothingcanstopme #iwillkeepmovingforward #tillmylastbreath #thisisme #urvashidholakia9 #believer #dreamer #live #love #laugh #❤️
Urvashi also did a TV commercial for LUX soap at the age of six. She came into the limelight after she portrayed the role of ‘Komolika Basu’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.”
In 2012, she was the winner of season 6 of the reality show “Bigg Boss.”
Urvashi is best known for the negative roles portrayed by her. She has appeared in many TV serials including “Ghar Ek Mandir,” “Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” etc.
In 2017, she appeared in the role of Queen Iravati in the TV serial “Chandrakanta.”
In 2019, she participated in the season 9 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye” along with her ex-boyfriend, Anuj Sachdeva.
- Urvashi Dholakia was awarded the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress In Negative Role for ‘Komolika Basu’ in 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- In 2010, she got TA Milestone Award for ‘Komolika Basu.’
- Urvashi Dholakia and Gauhar Khan got into a war of words on Twitter.
- The words “Believe…Always & Forever” on her right forearm.
- A mermaid and Yin-Yang on her back.
- The constellation of her sun sign- Cancer behind her ear.
- Food: Fried Idli
- TV Show: Big Brother
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Actresses: Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit
- Destinations: Dubai, London
- Restaurant: White Rose Cafe in Andheri West (Mumbai)
- Colour: White
- Quote: And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom
- Urvashi Dholakia drinks alcohol occasionally.
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- After winning ‘Bigg Boss,’ Dholakia took a break from the glamour world for two years to spend time with her sons.
- Urvashi Dholakia has a pet dog named ‘Jaeger.’
- Her hobbies include travelling and dancing.
As a class mate I have seen Urvashi always jealous and greedy. She never could see anyone excel and get ahead of her. She was always a spoilt sport and a manipulator. She lacks the class of good actors in the industry now that I look at her 25 years after in her interviews expressing herself and her thoughts. He is still the same….truly said, a cactus plant will be cactus it can’t bear roses