Mayuri Deshmukh is an Indian film and television actress and has mainly worked in Marathi cinema. In 2020, she appeared in the Hindi TV serial ‘Imlie.’
Mayuri was born on Thursday, 3 September 1992 (age 28 years; as of 2020) in Dhule, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling from Rishi Vidyalaya Gurukulam in Vishakhapatnam and G.D. Somani Memorial High School, Cuffe Parade in Mumbai. Later, she attended Padmashree Dr D Y Patil Dental College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai and the University of Mumbai. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Prabhakar Deshmukh, works as an engineer at the Public Works Department. Her mother’s name is Hema More Deshmukh. She has one elder sister, Leena Mane, and one younger brother, Anup Deshmukh.
Relationships & Husband
On 20 January 2016, she got married to the Marathi actor Ashutosh Bhakre who acted in the Marathi film “Ecchar Tharla Pakka” (2012). After suffering from severe depression for a long time, Ashutosh Bhakre committed suicide on 29 July 2020 by hanging himself at his residence in Maharashtra.
Mayuri started her career as a theatre artist in 2011. She has acted in many popular Marathi theatre plays including ‘Pleasant Surprise’ (2016), ‘Dear Aajo’ (2018), and ‘Teesre Badshah Hum’ (2019).
In 2014, she debuted as an actor in the Marathi film “Dr Prakash Baba Amte: The Real Hero” as Mayuri. Some of her other Marathi films are “31 Divas” (2018), “Grey” (2019), and “Lagna Kallol” (2019). Apart from theatre and films, she has also acted in the TV serials like “Khulta Kali Khulena” (2016) as Manasi and “Imlie” (2020) as Malini.
- Hotel: Tartulia Hotel in Dadar, Mumbai
- Beverage(s): Buttermilk, Coconut Water
- Street Food: Paani Puri
- She has studied acting at The Academy of Theatre Arts, Mumbai.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns two pet dogs, Jerry and Kiwi.
- Mayuri has won various awards including best actress award for her role as Meera in the one-act play ‘June July’ (2015).
- In one of her Instagram posts, she shared that she wanted to study in B J Medical College, Mumbai, but due to high cut off, she could not join the college. Later, in 2018, she was invited as a chief guest in the same college.
- She wrote the script of the 2018 Marathi theatre play ‘Dear Aajo.’
- She has also featured on the cover page of regional magazines.
- She loves to cook and write poetries, and she has shared her poetry on her YouTube channel ‘Mayuri Deshmukh.’
- Mayuri shared a heartfelt Instagram post on the birthday of her husband Late Ashutosh Bhakre in 2020.
View this post on Instagram