Sunny Kaushal is an actor and assistant director in Indian cinema. He is well-known for being the brother Bollywood actor, Vicky Kaushal.
Sunny Kaushal is an actor-cum-assistant director. He was born in 1989 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He completed his schooling from Mumbai and later joined the chartered accountancy institute but with the aspiration to learn acting, he left the institute. He is 28 years old celebrity who chiefly appears in the movies in supporting roles.
Sunny Kaushal is one of the good looking and stylish celebrities in Indian cinema. His height is around 5′ 10″ inches and his weight is approximately 70 kg. His hair and beard are black and his eyes are dark brown. He is a quite fit guy and has a built-up body. His chest is around 40 inches, waist-30 inches and biceps are 14 inches.
Family, Caste, Girlfriend
He belongs to a middle-class Punjabi family from Mumbai, Maharashtra. His grandparents were from Hoshiarpur, Punjab. His father name is Sham Kaushal who is an action director, and his mother name is Veena Kaushal who is a homemaker. He has an elder brother who is also an actor named ‘Vickey Kaushal.’ Sunny follows Hinduism and his caste is Brahmin.
He is unmarried and there is not much information about Sunny Kaushal’s girlfriend.
Sunny started his acting career with playing roles in theatre plays and skits. His father, who is an actor, wanted that Sunny make his career himself and without the help of his father. Sunny made his film debut in the movie ‘Sunshine Music Tours and Travels’ in 2016. The same year, he worked in a short film, and a web series that are ‘Love At First Sight,’ and ‘Official Chukyagiri.’ He is also an assistant director and directed the movies alongside other directors such as Gunday and My Friend Pinto.
In 2018, Sunny played the role of Himmat Singh in the Akshay Kumar starring movie ‘Gold.’
- His father, Sham Kaushal came to Mumbai in 1978, and after years of struggle and hard work, he became a reputed action director in Bollywood as well as Hollywood.
- Sunny was born and raised at Malad in Mumbai when his father used to be a stuntman.
- Sunny is a die-hard fan of Hrithik Roshan.
- He always liked ‘History’ and aspired to become an ‘archaeologist.’
- He learned acting skills from the famous ‘Barry John Acting Studio’ in New Delhi.
- He started his career as a theatre artist with Makrand Deshpande, and later, he worked as a supporting actor and an assistant director in the Bollywood films.
- His father wanted him to take his own stand in the industry. He used to tell Sunny that “nobody will invest in you because you are the son of Sham Kaushal but you will have to earn the opportunities with your talent,” and he did so.
- When he started going for acting auditions, he used to keep his surname “Kaushal” at bay.
- Sunny had to win the audition for playing the role of an “orphan” in his debut film ‘Sunshine Music Tours and Travels’ (2016).
- Before making his Bollywood debut, he had given a lot of auditions for around 5 years. and even auditioned for Bhojpuri films.
- He earned the name with playing the role of Himmat Singh in the Akshay Kumar starring movie ‘Gold.’
- His idol is his brother ‘Vickey Kaushal.’ He learns many things from his brother and father; as both have enough experience in the film industry.
- His favourite musicians are A. R. Rahman, Gurdas Mann, Eminem, Bohemia, and The Beatles.
- He loves music and he is a very good instrument player.
- His favourite films are Andaz Apna Apna, Guzaarish, Rang De Basanti, The Godfather, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Ratatouille, Forrest Gump, Avatar, Limitless, and Fight Club.
- Sunny is a non-vegetarian.
- He is an avid cat lover.
- Sachin Tendulkar is his favourite Cricketer.
- His favourite song is ‘Shape Of You’ sung by Ed Sheeran.
- He loves travelling to Srinagar.
- His favourite books are Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Naoko by Keigo Higashino, The Immortals of Meluha by Amish Tripathi, and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
- He loves to visit the restaurant ‘The House In Mumbai.’
- His hobbies are Travelling, Swimming, Reading, Playing Squash, and Gymming.