Himmanshoo Malhotra, also spelled as Himanshu, is an Indian actor who is known for his appearance in the film Shershaah (2021), Wajah Tum Ho (2016) and, the television show Bhagonwali – Baante Apni Taqdeer (2010).
Himmanshoo Ashok Malhotrahimanshuashokmalhotra-Instagram was born on Friday, 2 April 1982 (age 40 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Aries. He studied till matriculation at Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, New Delhi. Himmanshoo completed his higher studies at Kulachi Hans Raj Model School. In 1999, Himmanshoo graduated with a Bachelor Of Arts degree from Hindu College, University of Delhi, New Delhi. In 2003, he completed his Post Graduation Diploma in International Business at Amity University, New Delhi.Himanshu Ashok Malhotra-Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 38-32-16
Himmanshoo Malhotra belongs to a Punjabi Khatri family.
Parents & Siblings
Himmanshoo’s father’s name is Ashok Malhotra.
He passed away 9 years ago. His mother’s name is Anju Malhotra.
Himmanshoo has a younger brother, Mohit Malhotra and an elder sister, Pooja Malhotra.
Wife & Children
Himmanshoo Malhotra is married to actress Amruta Khanvilkar.
They first met on the sets of Zee Cine Stars Ki Khoj (2004). In 2004, the couple started dating and on 24 January 2015, they got married in Delhi.
The couple dated for over a decade. In an interview, he said,
Himmanshoo Malhotra in an interview revealed that he dated someone during his school and college days for around four years.
I was dating someone, at that point of time, from my school days actually. She was in Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, and I was in Hindu. It lasted till the second year of college, almost three and a half to four years of relationship. At the end of the final year, we split. I used to go and pick her up from Khalsa College on a scooter, which I had at that point, we used to go for movies and everything. Hindustan Times
In 2006, Himmanshoo made his Bollywood debut with the film Mr Khulji in which he played the role of Raj.
In 2016, Himmanshoo appeared in the film Wajah Tum Ho in which he played the role of Karan Parekhas. In 2019, he was seen in the film Hum Chaar in which he played the role of Aarambh. In 2021, Himmanshoo appeared in the film Shershaah which is the biopic of Captain Vikram Batra who sacrificed his life fighting for India in the Kargil war.
I am so happy that my role has been appreciated by the audience. Accolades have been pouring in from all corners. People from various cities across the world have commented on my authentic looks; that’s a very warm feedback and also close to my heart. While shooting the film, I had a great time. And now when people are appreciating my work, it feels even better.” The Tribune
In 2004, Himmanshoo made his television debut with Zee TV’s show “India’s Best Cinestar ki Khoj”. He has appeared in various other shows like Star One’s ‘Ssshhhh… Phir Koi Hai’ (2007), Sahara One’s ‘Kaisi Laagi Lagan’ as Swayam (2008), Zee TV’s ‘Aap Ki Antara’ as Sameer(2009).
In 2010, he made his appearance in the Zee TV show Bhagonwali-Baante Apni Taqdeer in which he played the role of Guddu Shukla. Next, he was seen in other shows like Sony TV’s ‘Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage’ as Anoop Sisodya (2012), Sony TV’S ‘Encounter’ as Inspector Tilak Nambiyar (2014), UTV Bindass’s ‘Yeh Hai Aashiqui’ as Inspector Mayur (2014), Star Plus’s ‘Airlines’ as Rohit Mafatlal (2015).
In 2015, Himmanshoo along with his wife, Amruta participated in the dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 7 and was announced as the winner of the show.
In an interview, he said,
Winning matters a lot in our country and it is often associated with a lot of happiness. We obviously wanted to win and now that we’ve won, we’re very happy. It’s like people’ prayers been answered and I feel like it’s Eid for us today.” NDTV
In 2016, he participated in the Colors TV’S sports reality show Box Cricket League Season 2 and Color’s stunt reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 7. He appeared in a few other TV shows like Star Plus’s Dil Jaise Dhadke… Dhadakne Do as Dr Sanjay(2020) and Chikoo Ki Mummy Durr Kei as Milind Joshi(2022).
Himmanshoo Malhotra speculated about cheating in the dance reality show Nach Baliye
In 2015, Himmanshoo Malhotra and Amruta Khanvilkar participated in the dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 7. The couple reached the final episode and were given a number that they would use to ask for votes from their fans. It was speculated that the couple used unfair means to gather votes as they leaked the number before their performance was aired. But there was no real proof of this allegation.
Himmanshoo owns an Audi A4 and Honda Jazz.
- Food(s): Rajma Chawal, curry, and Gulab Jamun
- Actor(s): Ranbir Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, and Hugh Jackman
- Actress(es): Deepika Padukone and Scarlett Johansson
- Destination: Macau
- Restaurant: China Town in Mumbai
- Movie: Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- Colour(s): Black, Blue, and Grey
- Beverage: Strawberry Frappuccino
- Brand: Rosso Brunello
- Author: Andrew Matthews
- Himmanshoo took active participation in the fashion shows, acting and drama clubs, and choreography events during his college days.
- Himmanshoo is a fitness enthusiast. His diet is suggested by his nutritionist which only includes homemade food. He prefers to have a variety in his workouts like swimming, Yoga, Pilates, and Cardio. The body part he loves to train is the chest and the one he hates to train is the back.
- After 8 days of marriage, Himanshoo and Amruta got the offer to participate in the show ‘Nach Baliye 7’.
- Himmanshoo has a YouTube channel “Share and Grow Initiative” in which he conducts interactive sessions with television personalities, fans, students of various schools or colleges, and corporates across the country.
- He is fondly called by the name Himmi by his friends and family.
- Himmanshoo is very fond of reading books and he prefers to read non-fiction books.
- In 2017, Himmanshoo Malhotra became the founder of Share and Grow Initiative in which he inspires youth with his life experiences, interactive live sessions, query sessions, and motivational speaking.
- Himmanshoo’s dream was to become a professional cricketer. In an interview, he said,
- Himmanshoo Malhotra shares a very emotional bond with actress Vaishnavi Prajapati who played the role of Chikoo, her daughter in the serial Chikoo Ki Mummy Durr Kei.