Anushka Ranjan is an Indian model and actress. She is best known for her film “Wedding Pullav.”
Anushka Ranjan was born on Monday, 1 October 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai, India. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She attended Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai for her primary education and secondary education. She got herself enrolled at the Whistling Woods International for earning a two years diploma in acting. Later, she joined Anupam Kher School of acting for a three months acting course.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 Kg
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-25-35
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Anushka Ranjan has a Spanish language tattoo ‘Creo en mi’ on her right wrist which means ‘I believe in myself ‘ in English.
Parents & Siblings
Anushka Ranjan is the second daughter of Shashi Ranjan and Anu Ranjan. Shashi Ranjan is an Indian film and television actor and director from FTII and the Publisher of GR8 Magazine. Anushka’s mother, Anu Ranjan, is the Founder of The Indian Television Academy.
Anushka Ranjan has an elder sister Akanksha Ranjan who is also an actress by profession.
Anushka Ranjan got married to her long time boyfriend Aditya Seal on 21 November 2021. The couple had a big fat Indian wedding in Mumbai. Their Guestlist included a whole lot of film stars from Bollywood including Alia Bhatt, Athiya Shetty, Bhumi Pednekar, Vaani Kapoor, Rakesh Roshan, Gulshan Grover, Neena Gupta, Krystle D’Souza, and many more.
Relationship & Affairs
Anushka Ranjan was in a relation with Aditya Seal for more than 4 years before getting married to him. Aditya Seal is an Indian model and film actor. Aditya Seal proposed Anushka Ranjan in Paris, the Capital of France in October 2019 and the couple got engaged on 17 November 2021 in Mumbai, India.
Anushka Ranjan marked her acting debut in 2015 with her home production “Wedding Pullav” opposite Diganth. Anushka Ranjan portrayed the character named Anushka and Diganth played Aditya. The Indian romantic comedy film was directed by Binod Pradhan and was released on 16 October 2015. Anushka got huge popularity and appreciation for her debut film. She won a total of 3 awards for her acting, which includes the National Film Award, BIG Star Entertainment, and Stardust Awards.
Next, Anushka appeared on the silver screen in the Indian satirical comedy-drama film “Batti Gul Meter Chalu” released in 2018. The film focuses on the issue of inflated electricity bills and their impact in rural areas of India. Anushka featured as Rita Tripathi alongside Shahid Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor, Divyendu Sharma, Yami Gautam, Farida Jalal, and Supriya Pilgaonkar in the film. In 2019, Anushka Ranjan became part of the short film called “Gulabi Lens.” The 20 minutes long movie is based on a love story of a middle class married couple and features Sohum Shah, Anushka Ranjan, and Vrajesh Hirjee in lead roles. In the same year, she also featured in Ekta Kapoor’s romantic drama web series “Fittrat.” The film was released on 18 October 2019 on ALT Balaji & ZEE5. The lead cast of the web series included Krystle D’Souza, Aditya Seal, and Anushka Ranjan. Anushka Ranjan got huge fame after the release of the web series and was highly appreciated for her performance.
- National Film Award for Best Debut Actor (Female) for the film ‘Wedding Pullav’
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Best Debut Actor (Female) for the film ‘Wedding Pullav’
- Stardust Awards for Best Debut Actor (Female) for the film ‘Wedding Pullav’
- Actor(s): Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor
- Actress: Rekha
- Fashion Designers: Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Neeta Lulla, Pria Kataaria Puri
- Colour(s): Black, Maroon, Grey
- Fashion Brand: Ferrogama
- Travel Destination: Paris
- Anushka Ranjan underwent professional Kathak training under the supervision of Guruji Viru Krishna.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol at public events and parties.
- Anushka Ranjan enjoys painting and colouring in her leisure time. Her other hobbies include travelling and shopping.
- Anushka Ranjan revealed her strength and weakness as a human during an interview and said
My strength is being able to connect well with anyone, whatever the age or whatever social strata they come from. Thus, I can talk to any new person and strike a fun conversation. Coming to my weakness is that I sometimes get overwhelmed in my mind, letting my insecurities colour her judgements in many matters.”
- Apart from being a talented actor, Anushka Ranjan is also a well-known fashion model. She has walked the runway for various renowned designers including Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Neeta Lulla, Pria Kataaria Puri, Babita Malkani, Amy Billimoria and many others.
- Anushka Ranjan is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog at her home.
- Anushka Ranjan is a fitness freak. She often shares her gym pictures and videos with her fans on her social media account.
- Anushka is known for her outspoken personality and usually comments on various controversial topics in Bollywood. In an interview, she opened up on her views about the insider vs outsider debate in Bollywood and said,
Nepotism would be if you’re given a position and everyone will have to accept you even if they don’t want to. Let’s talk about Abhishek Bachchan. He wasn’t accepted because of his father (Amitabh Bachchan). In fact, he was scrutinised even more,” she says, adding that it’s different in the case of actors.”
Adding to this, she said,
If the audience pays to watch an actor, then only the producer puts money on him/her. If you want to see outsiders to flourish, you need to watch their films. That’s how you support them not by raging a war on social media. But you can’t decide who wants to give chance to whom first, not even in your job interviews.”