Olivia Yace is an Ivorian model who holds the title of Miss World Africa 2021. She also holds the title of Miss World 2021 2nd Runner-Up, Miss Cote d’Ivoire 2021, Miss World Top Model 2021, and Miss Yamoussoukro 2021.
Olivia Yace was born on Thursday, 8 January 1998 (age 24 years; as of 2022) in the USA.
She did her BSc in business administration and marketing management at the Widener University of Pennsylvania, the USA in 2020. She is doing her master’s in luxury brand management and event planning.
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Jean-Marc Yacé, is the mayor of the commune of Cocody in Abidjan city in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa. Her mother, Yolande Yace, is a business manager. She has 2 younger sisters.
She belongs to the ethnic groups Alladjan from Jacqueville (father’s side) and Baoulé from Kpakobo (Tiassalé) (mother’s side).
Olivia has been passionate about fashion since childhood. She started modeling when she was 13 years old. In 2015, she won the title of Best Female Top Model in the Fashion Top 10. In an interview, she said,
For me, modeling is much more than a fashion show. It is the confidence you exude, the courage you show as you move forward to overcome the challenge facing you and the multitude of eyes staring at you like a lightning on a T!”
On May 8, 2021, she won the regional crown of Miss Region of Bélier in the capital of Yamoussoukro. She then headed for the highest national podium, where she was proclaimed the winner of Miss World Côte d’Ivoire 2021 with 17.25% of the combined votes of the jurors and the public on September 4, 2021.
Later, she represented Côte d’Ivoire at the Miss World 2021 contest and became the second runner-up. In the final round of Miss World 2021, she was asked,
What have you learned from the COVID pandemic?”
I have learned from the COVID pandemic that we can always try harder to be better, to improve life.”
During the COVID pandemic, I think we all went through a lot, but I think the most important was to try to push through and to always try to find a solution because I believe, in life, it’s not about falling but every time you fall, to be able to get back up.”
- Film: Mama Mia
- Song: This Little Light of Mine
- Olivia has worked as an event coordinator since 2016.
- In an interview, Olivia spoke about her inspiration and said,
I grew up inspired by strong legendary women like Queen Abla Pokou, whose heroic story impacted me deeply.”
- Olivia was the only African model, who made it to the top 6 of Miss World 2021.
- According to Olivia, she enjoys singing, dancing, and traveling.
- In an interview, Olivia expressed that if she could invite someone for dinner it would be Michelle Obama as she admires her as a role model.
- Olivia Yace’s motto is ‘Know who you are to know where you are going.’
- She is fluent in 3 languages, which are French, Spanish, and English.
- Olivia aims to increase awareness of Black skin and the practice of depigmentation. In an interview, she said,
I place my mandate under the seal of the valorization of black skin. It hurts my heart to see young black, African girls whitening their skin. But I don’t judge them! It’s not their fault, it’s a social problem, a fashion phenomenon that they feel obliged to follow. Because we give the impression that light skin is more beautiful than black skin. By valuing the black complexion, we hope to contribute to instilling values as important as respect and pride in our identity while raising awareness of the dangers to which these women expose themselves by resorting to depigmentation.”
- Olivia is known for promoting her culture and values. She is often spotted wearing her national costume.