Malvika Raaj is an Indian actress and model, who is famous for playing the role of young Kareena Kapoor as Pooja in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). She is the granddaughter of Indian actor Jagdish Raj.
Malvika was born on Tuesday, 18 September 1990 (age 33; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. In school, she was the caption of the football team. She is a B.com graduate. Instagram – Malvika Raaj
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown with golden highlights
Eye Colour: Hazel
Figure Measurements: 32-26-36
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Bobby Raaj is a filmmaker and her mother, Reena Raaj is a film producer. Her sister, Sonakshi Raaj is a fashion designer.
Husband & Children
She is unmarried.
The couple got engaged at Estella in Mumbai on 23 November 2023.
According to the sources, Malvika Raaj and Pranav Bagga have known each other for more than a decade.
At the age of 17, she stepped into the world of modelling. She has done modelling for various brands and celebrity fashion designers. She has also appeared in various music videos.
In 2001, she made a debut as a child artist in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in which she played the role of younger version of Kareena Kapoor‘s Pooja.
Later on, in 2017, she appeared in supporting roles in the films Jayadev and Captain Nawab. In 2021, she made a debut by playing the lead role of Aria in the film Squad.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Asia Model Award 2015
- Promising New Face, Youth Icon Award 2019
- Indian Icon Award 2019
- Rising Star of the Year 2022
- Best Debut Actress, Squad 2022
- Influencer Iconic Award 2022
- Food: Continental
- Food Item(s): Cookies, Pizza, Popcorn, Fried Chicken
- Film(s): Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013), Jannat (2008), Barfi (2012)
- Filmmaker: Karan Johar
- Role Model: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Colour(s): Red, Mauve, Ivory, Pink
- Fashion Designer: Sonakshi Raaj
- Destination(s): France, Maldives
- Sport: Football
- Malvika comes from a family of Bollywood filmmakers. Her father is a Bollywood director while her mother is a film producer. Her grandfather, Jagdish Raj holds the title of Guinness Worl Record for being the most type-cast actor and playing the role of a police inspector in 144 films. Her aunt, Anita Raj is a veteran Bollywood actress.
- Malvika Raaj is a fitness freak and often goes to the gym to maintain her fitness.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and is often seen posting pictures and videos of her performing Kathak on various occasions.
- To maintain healthy and beautiful skin, she is often seen taking several skin treatments and therapies.
- She is often invited as a special guest on various occasions.
- Malvika is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Mieko.
- Malvika took special training for operating special weapons to play the role of Aria in her action thriller film Squad (2021).
- Malvika shares a special bond with Squad (2021) actor Rinzing Denzongpa as both of them had studied in the same school and used to attend each other’s birthday parties during their childhood days.
- In an interview, Malvika shared an incident from her schooling days. She said that during the PT class, other girls in her class used to sit under the trees and gossip while she used to play football with boys.
- Malvika had also travelled to Europe to walk the ramp.
- In 2022, while walking the ramp, Malvika faced an embarrassing moment as she fell on the ramp. Facebook – Bollywood Bubble
- She participated in Femina Miss India Contest 2010 and was among the top 18 contestants.
- According to the sources, she was a national-level football player.
- Malvika was 11 years old when she made a debut with the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in 2001.
- Malvika considers modelling as a stepping stone to enter Bollywood. She thinks that it gives the individual the confidence to face the camera and people. Instagram – Malvika Raaj
- “Malu” and “Mala” are the nicknames of Malvika Raaj and her close ones often call her Malu and Mala. Instagram – Malvika Raaj Instagram – Malvika Raaj
- Despite getting several acting offers in various films after her remarkable debut as a child artist in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham in 2001, she choose to prioritize her studies as her family feared that acting might distract her during her schooling days. The Tribune