Bhumika Arora is a model who is widely known for being the cover model of Vogue India. She was named the next Indian supermodel by Vogue India.
Bhumika Arora was born in 1988 (the date of her birth is not known) (age 33 years; as of 2021) in Karnal, Haryana. ELLE She is a graduate with Bachelor’s in Business Administration from DAV College in Chandigarh. Hindustan Times Bhumika lives in a small city in Haryana. When she was a child, she used to watch International models on Television. She wanted to become a model but her parents wanted her to complete her studies first and then do modelling. As a teenager, Bhumika was ashamed of being too tall. Even some of her classmates made fun of her as she was tall and had manly features. Hindustan Times It was in college that Bhumika realized she should do modelling. Her friends in college told her that she had a great height and she should try modelling. She did not agree with her friends at that time. One day, her friend sent Bhumika`s picture to a local magazine and her picture was printed in the magazine. She was really happy to see her picture in the magazine the next day. She then realized that she was capable of modelling. She asked her parents about it but they denied it and demanded that Bhumika should complete her studies first and then do modelling. She completed her graduation and then asked her parents for two years so that she could do modelling. She promised them that she would return to her studies if nothing happens. She came to Delhi and started working as a model. Hindustan Times
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Bhumika Arora`s parents name is not known. The names of her siblings are also not known.
When she came to Delhi, she also worked as an Air Hostess in the Auto expo. She walked ramps for famous Indian designers like Varun Bahl and Manish Arora for three years.
While she was working in Delhi, she sent her portfolios to International agencies. One of the agencies named Elite Paris signed a contract with Pooja. Later she joined the agency ‘The Society Management’ in NYC. She got a big break in her modelling career after she walked the ramp for Lakme Fashion Week for designer Dries Van Noten in February 2014.
In the same year, she was featured in Elle India magazine.
The judges in the show said that Bhumika was one of the three best things they witnessed that day. They said,
Our hearts were stolen by a fresh face on the Vera Wang runway: the moody-eyed, sultry-lipped, and enviously angular Bhumika.”
After the NYFW, she became a part of the London Fashion Week and walked the ramp for Daks, Gareth Pugh, Jonathan Saunders, Preen and Simone Rocha. Then, she walked in the Fendi show in Milan for Karl Lagerfeld.
She was featured in Vogue Magazine in 2015.
In the same year in March, she was on the list of the “Top 10 New Models of the Season” by Style.com. She was also on the list of 500 members of ‘The Business of Fashion.’
In 2016, she was featured on the cover of Vogue India magazine, Vogue Italia magazine, Elle UK, Elle Croatia, Harper`s Bazaar magazine. She was featured on the cover of Grazia Magazine in 2017.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- She won the model of the Year at Vogue Beauty Awards 2015
- Food: Rajma Chawal and Cake
- Music: Punjabi
- Designer: Rohit Bal
- Movie: If Only (2004)
- TV shows: Friends (1994)
- Bhumika learned modelling through her selfies. She claimed that when she started modelling, everything was new. She was the only Indian girl in the show Lakme Fashion Week. In an interview, she said,
I don’t know why there are so few Indian models in the West. But being Indian definitely helped me. If I attended castings, I was usually the only Indian girl there, and it helped me stand out.”
- Bhumika does not prefer to wear any transparent clothes in the shows. In one of her shows, when the designer told her that she had to wear transparent clothes, she totally denied it. Elle
- In an interview, Bhumika said that the models do not go on diet to maintain their bodies. She added,
The models I know neither stops eating nor resort to extremes to stay skinny. They don’t starve themselves. Rather, they eat healthy foods and work out regularly to maintain their figures.”
- Bhumika regrets one thing in life i.e, her parents have not seen her live doing modelling but they always see her on television. Hindustan Times
- She shared her modelling experience in an interview and said,
Being Indian actually helped me stand out from the crowd, and people have been very kind to me and always very interested in learning more about my cultural background. I don’t recall being placed lower than others – rather, I started embracing my Indian look and culture even more. “
- Bhumika has reached International platforms but does not leave her culture behind.
- She was featured in a short film that was directed by Nick Knight for Dazed & Confused in celebration of NikeLab & Olivier Rousteing’s collaboration. The film also featured the footballer Cristiano Ronaldo.