Rochelle Rao is an Indian model, actress, and TV host. She became a household name after appearing in “The Kapil Sharma Show.” She has participated in reality shows like “Bigg Boss” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
Rochelle Rao was born on Friday, 25 November 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in Chennai. She did B.Sc. in Electronic Media from Chennai’s M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women. Before she making an entry into the glamour world, Rochelle Rao participated in Pantaloons Miss India South and emerged as the first runner-up. After participating in the beauty pageant, Rao worked as an anchor of season 6 of the Indian Premier League. She shot to fame when she made an entry in the comedy show “The Kapil Sharma Show” as ‘Lottery.’
- Height (Approx.): 5′ 5″
- Weight (Approx.): 55 kg
- Figure Measurement (Approx.): 32-26-34
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Family & Religion
Rochelle Rao was born into a Catholic Christian Family to a Telugu-German father and an Anglo-Indian mother. Her father, Dr. N V Rao, is a Medical Consultant on Herbal Extracts and her mother’s name is Wendy Rao.
She has twin brothers, Late Noel Rohn Rao and Fritz David Rao. Late Noel Rohn Rao, a US Citizen, passed away in Afghanistan while serving for the US army.
Rochelle has a sister, Paloma Rao, who is also an actress and VJ.
Rochelle Rao was in a relationship with model, Keith Sequeira. The couple tied the knot on 3 March 2018 in Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu.
Rochelle Maria Rao began her career as a TV anchor with ‘Channel UFX,’ a Chennai-based TV channel. She participated in the beauty pageant Pantaloons Miss India South in January 2012 and became the first runner-up.
She went on to win Femina Miss India International in 2012. She was also given the titles of “Miss Glamorous Diva”, “Miss Ramp Walk,” and “Miss Body Beautiful.” Rao was ranked ninth out of 80 participants at the 2012 Miss International beauty pageant.
In 2014, she appeared on the Kingfisher calendar.
Rochelle Rao was the host of season 6 of the Indian Premier League in 2013.
In 2013, she appeared in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
Rochelle Rao was also seen on Fox Life’s travel show “Life Mein Ek Baar” along with Pia Trivedi, Evelyn Sharma, and Mahek Chahal.
Rochelle participated in season 5 of “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster.”
She, along with Keith Sequeira, appeared as a contestant in the reality show “Bigg Boss 9” in 2015. Rochelle emerged as the third runner-up.
Rao shot to fame when she appeared as ‘Lottery’ in the comedy show “The Kapil Sharma Show.”
In 2019, Rochelle Rao and her husband, Keith Sequeira, participated in season 9 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye.”
Rochelle Rao charges nearly ₹ 3-4 lakh/episode.
- Rochelle Rao was detained at the Bengaluru airport for nearly 3 hours for not turning off her mobile phone.
- Food: Kobe Beef Steaks, Wasabi Prawns
- Actor: Johnny Depp
- Actress: Scarlett Johansson
- Movie: Now And Then (1995)
- Web-Series: Hanna (2019)
- Song: ‘Moves Like Jagger’ by Maroon 5
- Cafe/Bar: Thirsty Crow in Chennai
- Books: Harry Potter Series
- Destinations: Goa, New York, Brazil, Paris
- Quote: If you don’t stand for something, you would fall for anything.
- Rochelle Rao is actively involved with various charities and NGOs. She is the ambassador of an NGO called “Smile Foundation” which supports children from underprivileged backgrounds.
- In an interview, she revealed that she would love to begin her own church and NGO.
- Her hobbies include reading books, listening to music, and travelling.
- Her dream is to become a famous person.
- She is a huge fan of American artist Patrick Swayze.
- Rochelle Rao drinks alcohol occasionally.
- There was a rumour about Rao that she was going to be a nun. The model, however, termed the same as the ‘craziest rumour that she has ever heard about herself.’
- She has a tattoo on her right ankle.