Sreemukhi is an Indian actress and anchor. She is famous for hosting the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) in Dubai, alongside Rana Daggubatti.
Sreemukhi was born on Monday, 10 May 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019) in the Nizamabad city of Telangana. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She was doing her Bachelor’s in Dental Surgery but dropped out of it later due to her TV commitments.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-36
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born into a modest family in Nizamabad. Her father’s name is Ramkishan.
Her mother, Latha is a beautician.
She has a brother named Sushruth and a sister named Cherry.
She started her career as an anchor of the ETV Telugu’s talent show “Adhurs” in 2012.
She then went on to host the Maa TV’s famous singing reality show “Super Singer 9.”
She made her acting debut with the Telugu film “Julayi” in 2012.
After receiving laurels for her performances in the movies like “Julayi” and “Life Is Beautiful,” she played the lead role of ‘Shanthi’ in the 2013 film “Prema Ishq Kaadhal.”
She made her Tamil film debut with “Ettuthikkum Madhayaanai” in 2015.
She made her Kannada debut with the film “Chandrika (2015).”
Awards & Titles
- Listed on Hyderabad Times ‘Most Desirable Women of 2016
- Zee Apsara Award for Entertainer of TV in 2018
- Food: Dosa, Tangdi Kebab, Biryani, Poha
- Beverage: Irani Tea
- Dessert: Ice Creams
- Restaurant: Taksh Restaurant, Hyderabad
- Actor: Prabhas, Chiranjeevi
- Photographer: Chintu (her personal photographer)
- Book: “Mrs.Funnybones” by Twinkle Khanna, “Half Girlfriend” by Chetan Bhagat
- She likes reading books and novels, cooking, listening to music, and travelling.
- Since her school days, she was passionate about acting.
- Though she has a successful acting career in films, she regards TV as her ‘first love.’ Talking about it, she says-
I enjoy doing TV shows more than acting in films. There are no restrictions, and more importantly, I can be myself when I am hosting a TV show. It does require a lot of energy, but I see it more as an extension of my personality. On the other hands, acting in films is also challenging, because you have to focus on the character you are playing, and more often than not, you end up playing mature roles.”
- She is very close to her uncle, Pedhanna and often posts photos and videos of him in her social media accounts.
- She likes to play with turtles.
- In an interview, Sreemukhi revealed that she used to be a shy girl at her teenage before she stepped into the entertainment industries.
- Upon her entry into the entertainment industry, she says-
I was spotted by a TV crew when they came to shoot a programme at my native place. My mother is a beautician and after the TV crew approached my mother and evinced interest in me, she finally got convinced.”
- According to Sreemukhi, her father was against about her joining the film industry. Talking about it, she says-
Director of an established TV channel had to persuade my father for six months. He kept saying ‘no’ and one day when we were in Tirupati, my father once again got the call from the TV crew. Finally, my mother had to convince him by saying ,’ Perhaps, it’s god’s will that our daughter should test her luck on TV.’ That melted his heart, and here I am, juggling between films and TV.”
- She considers her performance in the film “Chandrika (2015)” as her best roles so far.
- Her favourite outfit is Saree and she always keeps her social media accounts updated with her style statements.
- In 2019, she contested in the TV reality show, Bigg Boss Telugu 3.