Monikangana Dutta is a famous Indian model and actress, who worked in the movie Guzaarish and in an award-winning short film, Kaash.
Monikangana Dutta was born on Friday, 13 September 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Guwahati Assam. Her zodiac is Virgo. She did schooling at Army public school in Guwahati and later, pursued graduated from the Matreyi college, University of Delhi. After graduation, Monikangana started her career as a model. In 2001, she was the winner at the metropolitan top model contest of France. After winning the contest, she moved to Paris, where she did modelling for two years. She worked with many famous fashion designers like Vivienne Westwood, Yoji Yamamoto, Christian Dior, Leonard, and Chloe. Monikangana walked the ramp for brands like MAC cosmetics. Later, Monikangana was featured in many fashion magazines like FHM, Vogue, Elle, Tank, and Harper Bazaar. Monikangana Dutta walked the ramp for fashion shows, which includes Paris Fashion Week, India Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, and Australian Fashion Week.
Height (approx): 5’8″
Eye colour: Brown
Hair colour: Black
Body measurements(approx): 32-25-35
Parents & Siblings
As a Model
Monikangana Dutta in her college days participated in many college fashion shows. When she was in the second year of college, she started doing modelling. Many Delhi designers approached her. In 2001, she won the Metropolitan top model contest of France. After winning the contest, she went to Paris for two years, where she modelled for many famous fashion designers like Vivienne Westwood, Yoji Yamamoto, Christian Dior, Leonard, and Chloe. Monikangana Dutta walked the ramp for fashion shows, which includes Paris Fashion Week, India Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, and Australian Fashion Week. Pinkvilla
She was featured in many magazines covers like FHM, ELLE in 2006, Marie claire in 2006, Vogue in 2007, and UK Tank in 2009.
Apart from this, she was also a kingfisher calendar girl in 2009. In October 2010, Monikangana Dutta was selected as Victoria’s Secret Angel. She is represented by the IMG, a top international modelling agency.
As an Actress
Monikangana Dutta after returning back from Paris worked in many fashion shows in India. She worked for many tv commercials for the leading brands. In 2010, she was signed for the movie Guzaarish by Sanjay Leela Bhansali
She joined Anupam Kher’s acting school named, Actor Prepares.
She also worked in an award-winning short film, Kaash.
- In an interview, Monikangana said that when she returned to India, she rejected many offers of films, as she was not interested in acting. However, after some time she made up her mind for acting. Hindustan Times
- Monikangana Dutta enjoys reading books, writing, doing paintings, yoga, and designing clothes.
- According to Monikangana Dutta, when she was signed for the role of Estella in the film Gurzaarish, she was not guided by anyone, at that time she spent a lot of time with herself watching movies and practising for her role.
- In an interview, Monikangana Dutta revealed that she never wanted to date and marry a person from her profession. Hindustan Times
- As per Monikangana, she was disappointed by her role in the movie Guzarish, as a major part of her role in the film was trimmed. Pinkvilla