Lakshay Chaudhary is an Indian YouTuber. He is known for his roast/reaction videos that he uploads on his YouTube channels. In 2023, he was heavily slammed on social media after he posted the vlog of his grandfather’s funeral.
Lakshay Chaudhary was born on Thursday, 30 September 1999 (age 23 years; as of 2022) in Sisoli, Uttar Pradesh. He shifted to Muzaffarnagar from Sisoli with his family when he was in the 4th standard and completed his schooling at M.G. Public School, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh. He pursued B.Sc. (Physics Honours) at Uttaranchal University, Uttarakhand. LinkedIn – Lakshay Chaudhary
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
He is unmarried.
In an interview, he revealed that while studying in 10th standard, he was in a relationship with one of his schoolmates, and two years later, they broke up for an unknown reason.
Lakshay Chaudhary created his YouTube channel ‘Lakshay Chaudhary’ in 2014 and started posting roasting and funny videos on it in 2017. However, his funny videos didn’t get many views from the audience. One year later, he started making roast/reaction videos, providing social messages in them, and received a positive response from his viewers. In 2018, his roast video on “MTV Love School” went viral on the internet and was also shared on social media by actor Karan Kundra, who was the host of the show “MTV Love School” at that time, which made his channel popular. In his YouTube video series ‘How to Impress Girls Online’ (2019), he roasted the people who send inappropriate and silly messages to unknown girls on social media. In 2020, he created another YouTube channel, ‘Lakshay Chaudhary Vlogs,’ where he started posting his travel vlogs. In December 2020, he was featured in the podcast ‘Badmaaash Baatein’ on Spotify.
In March 2023, he did his first stand-up comedy show.
Received legal notice for defaming a product
A company once send him a legal notice for maligning the credibility of their product in his roast video on MLM. In the video, Lakshay was seen cleaning the toilet with a detergent powder, which was considered offensive by the rival company.
Trolled for posting a controversial vlog
In March 2023, Lakshay Chaudhary was heavily trolled by netizens on social media, after he posted a vlog of his grandfather’s funeral on his YouTube channel, ‘Lakshay Chaudhary Vlogs.’ He covered the funeral of his grandfather and the footage of family members and guests mourning and performing rituals in his video. He was called ‘hypocrite’ by the netizens because, in December 2022, he posted the vlog ‘I Stand with R0whi Rai’ in which he roasted YouTuber Rowhi Rai for her vlog ‘What I Eat In A Day In my Father’s Sharad.’ The Economic Times
Criticised for roasting female comedians
The YouTuber was called ‘misogynist and sexist’ by some of his audience for calling female comedians ‘unfunny’ in his roast videos. However, he claimed that the audience considered it acceptable when female comedians use these kinds of terms for male comedians, and when males do the same, they were called misogynists and sexist. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
if the female creators are saying such things for a man they call it comedy and if we are doing it then they call us misogynist, sexist and what not.” Hindustan Times
- He is mainly known for raising social media issues in his videos in a funny way. In an interview, he talked about his videos and said,
I believe I need to speak about the real issues with my own sense of humour.” Forbes India
- Lakshay Chaudhary follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He won an award for best roasting/reaction at the Comeback Pro Creator of the Year.
- He loves to explore different places.
- In 2019, he received a ‘Silver Creator Award’ (also known as Silver YouTube Play Button) for reaching 100,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel ‘Lakshay Chaudhary.’
- On 30 September 2020, he received the ‘Gold Creator Award’ (also known as Gold YouTube Play Button) for reaching 10,00,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel ‘Lakshay Chaudhary.’
- Lakshay Chaudhary once received a death threat via email for making a roast video on TikTok vs YouTube. He talked about this in an interview and revealed that he was blackmailed and was called for a meeting at a lonely place.