Bal Dhuri is an Indian Marathi theatre actor who is best known for portraying “Raja Dashrath” in Ramanand Sagar‘s epic television series “Ramayan” (1987).
Bal Dhuri was born in 1944 (age 76 years; as in 2020) in Maharashtra. asianet news His real name in “Bhaiyyu Ji.” Since his childhood, he was passionate about acting. Although his parents didn’t want him to pursue a career in acting, he rebelled against them and pursued acting as a career. After receiving a degree in engineering, he got a decent job in Maharashtra. However, he didn’t like that job and was more interested in acting. So, he quit his job and started doing Marathi theatre.
Family & Caste
Bal Dhuri belongs to a Marathi family.
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Bal Dhuri was married to Jayshree Gadkar who was also a Marathi actor and the on-screen wife of Bal Dhuri in Ramayan. Jayshree Gadkar died on 29 August 2008 at the age of 66. Reportedly, Bal Dhuri has one child. asianet news
Bal Dhuri started his career in Marathi films, and his debut Marathi film is ‘Devachiye Dwaari.” He made his debut in Hindi cinema with the film “Jai Bajrang Bali” (1976).
He made his Gujarati debut with the film “Satyavadi Raja Harishchandra” (1989).
Bal Dhuri has acted in more than 20 films, including Hindi, Marathi, and Gujarati films.
Bal Dhuri made his small screen debut with Ramanand Sagar‘s epic television series Ramayan (1987).
He became a household name after portraying “Raja Dashrath” in Ramayan.
- He is called “Bal” by his family members and close ones.
- He is considered a versatile actor and has played from a 25-year-old to 86-year-old characters in his career.
- In Ramayan, Kaushalya’s role was played by his real-life wife, Jayshree Gadkar. Even before Ramayan happened, Bal Dhuri and Jayshree Gadkar had already married.
- Reportedly, when Ramanand Sagar invited Jayshree Gadkar to his office to offer her the role of “Kaushalya” in Ramayan. Jasyhsree reached his office along with her husband Bal Dhuri. When Sagar saw Bal Dhuri, he was impressed with his personality and offered him two roles – Meghnad and Dashrath in Ramayan. Although Ramanand Sagar wanted him to play the role of Meghnad, Bal Dhuri chose Dashrath’s role.
- Bal Dhuri turned author when he wrote a book titled “Suvarn Nayika Jasyhree Gadkar.” The book is based on the life of his wife, Jayshree Gadkar. Book Ganga
- Reportedly, it was Bal Dhuri who played an instrumental role in giving a break to veteran actor Shivaji Satam in the musical drama Sangeet Varad.