Madhuurima Banerjee aka Nyra Banerjee is an Indian model, actress, singer, and dancer. She works in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, and Tamil Industry.
Nyra Banerjee was born on 14 May 1987 (age 32 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She attended Mumbai’s Canossa Convent High School and went to Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai to pursue her Bachelor of Legislative Law (L.L.B.)with a specialization in Intellectual Property Rights. Banerjee was a bright student and actively participated in cultural programs in her school and college days. She was very good at music, dance, and painting. She started learning ghazals and classical music from her mother at a very young age. When Nyra was in her 11th standard, she started anchoring in a TV channel as a part-time job. she even acted in a TV serial by K. Balachander. However, she turned down various offers owing to her studies.
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Nyra Banerjee belongs to a Brahmin Family. Her father is a mechanical engineer who served the Indian Navy. He is general manager of the largest private shipyard of India. Her mother, Nandita aka Purnita Bannerjee, is a novelist. Nyra has one younger brother.
Nyra is rumoured to be dating the television actor, Karan Khanna.
Banerjee started her acting career in 2009 with the Bollywood Film “Toss: A Flip of Destiny” in which she played the role of ‘Sherry.’ Subsequently, she made her Telugu film debut with “Aa Okkadu” (2009), Kannada film debut with “Savaari 2” (2014), Malayalam film debut with “Koothara” (2014), and Tamil film debut with “Aambala” (2015).
In 2016, she starred in the Bollywood film “One Night Stand” opposite Tanuj Virwani and Sunny Leone. In the same year, she assisted director Tony D’Souza in his film “Azhar.” Next, she featured in the music video “Dil Warda.”
She has also featured on the cover of various magazines like “Tulip” and “Women’s Era.”
In 2019, she portrayed the role of Divya in the TV serial “Divya Drishti.”
- Food: Chicken Dum Biryani, Sushi
- Beverage: Ginger Tea, Black Coffee
- Singers: Geetha Madhuri, Honey Singh
- Colour: White, blue
- Desserts: Brownie with ice cream, Green Tea Ice cream
- Restaurants: Auriga, Punjab Grill, Samy Sosa, China Town, Nom Nom
- Her hobbies are singing and dancing.
- Nyra follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- In 2016, she changed her name from Madhuurima Banerjee to Nyra Banerjee.
- She was signed by the director G.V. Iyer for her debut TV serial “Kadambari” in which she had to portray the role of ‘Sita.’ However, the project failed due to the sudden death of the director.
- According to Nyra, her dream role would be to play the lead role in a romantic and a hardcore action film.