Nusrat Jahan is an Indian actress who works in Bengali Cinema. She is also a politician and is a Member of Lok Sabha from the Basirhat Constituency in the 17th Lok Sabha (2019-24).
Nusrat Jahan Jain (married name) was born on Monday, 8 January 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling from Our Lady Queen of the Missions School, Kolkata and pursued her Bachelors of Commerce from Bhawanipur College, Kolkata.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-27-34
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Brown (dyed)
Family, Caste & Husband
Nusrat Jahan belongs to a Bengali Muslim Family.
She has two sisters named Nuzhat Jahan and Pooja Prassad.
She was in a relationship with Kadir Khan.
She was rumoured to be married to Victor Ghosh, a businessman from Jamshedpur.
She got married to Nikhil Jain, a businessman, on 19 June 2019 in a quiet ceremony in Turkey’s Bodrum.
Being on foreign land, as per Turkish Marriage Regulation, the ceremony is invalid. Moreover, since it was an interfaith marriage, it requires validation under Special Marriage Act in India, which did not happen. As per the court of law, it is not a Marriage, but a relationship or a live-in relationship. Thus, the question of divorce does not arise. Our separation happened long back, but I did not speak about it as I intended to keep my private life to myself. Thus, my actions must not be questioned based on “separation”, by the media or anybody I am not related to. The alleged marriage is not legal, valid and tenable; and thus, was not a marriage at all in the eye of law.”
She started her career as a model after winning the beauty contest Fair-One Miss Kolkata in 2010.
She made her acting debut with the Bengali movie “Shotru” in 2011.
She has done numerous films such as “Khoka 420 (2013),” “Khiladi (2013),” “Power (2013),” “Crisscross (2018)” and many more.
She joined All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) in 2019.
She contested against BJP’s Sayantan Basu in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections from Basirhat Constituency in West Bengal and won by a margin of 3.5 Lakh votes.
- In January 2017, her boyfriend, Kader Khan, was accused of rape. In the interrogation, Nusrat was accused of helping Kader to flee and protect him. Nusrat denied all the allegations against her. However, several lawyers had demanded to arrest her for supporting the criminal and protecting him.
- On her first day in Parliament as MP, she uploaded a picture of her in which she was wearing western clothes with parliament in the background. She, along with Mimi Chakraborty, was questioned about their choices of attire that they wore to the parliament.
Awards & Achievements
- Winner of the Fair One Miss Kolkata 2010
- Star Jalsha Parivar Awards for Best Jodi with Ankush Hazra for the film “Jamai 420” in 2016
- Tele Cine Awards for Best Actress in 2017
- Food: Ghughni and Rolls, Mutton, Mishti Doi, Pasta
- Actresses: Preity Zinta
- Colours: Pink, Yellow, Black
- Sport: Cricket
- Book: “Who Moved My Cheese” by Spencer Johnson
- Cricketer: Sourav Ganguly
- Travel Destinations: Bavaria, Germany
- She got selected for her debut role opposite the actor Jeet after defeating 50 other candidates who were present there for the auditions.
- She appeared in the theme song of BCL (Bengal Celebrity League) for the team “Midnapore Mighties” with Dev and Sayantika Banerjee.
- In 2019, the stage collapsed during her election campaign in the Jhargram city of West Bengal. It happened when she was in a conversation with the area’s lawmaker, and people flocked to take selfies with her. The video instantly went viral on the internet.
- Tareen Jahan, the Bangladeshi actress, is her fufu (father’s sister).
- She was rumoured to be married to Victor Ghosh, a businessman from Jamshedpur for almost five years. Although she denied all the rumours related to her marriage with Victor, she was reported to be in a live-in relationship with him.