Gangavva is a popular Indian YouTuber, who has got immense popularity with her YouTube channel, ‘My Village Show.’ She participated in the TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss Telugu 4’ in 2020.
Gangavva’s real age is not known as she doesn’t remember her birth date and there are no records of her age. As per different media sources, her age is between 58 to 62 years. She was born in Lambadipally village in Telangana. Edition CNN She is a school dropout and has studied up to 1st standard. She The People
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Family, Caste & Husband
Her parents had died when she was too young. Her grandparents tied her knot with a local village boy at the age of five. By the age of 26, she had given birth to four children; three daughters and one son. Her husband was an alcoholic and used to physically abuse her, and he had died a few years ago. One of her daughters deceased at a young age, and Gangavva has eight grandchildren. Edition CNN
Born and married in a small village, she started working in farms. She worked as a coolie and rolled beedis for income. In an interview, she said,
Before all I knew was working hard in the farms, ploughing, cutting grass, and looking after my family. At one point, I even started doing coolie work and rolling beedis for decent earning.”
Her son-in-law Srikanth Sriram; a filmmaker, started a YouTube channel, ‘My Village Show’ in 2012.
He used to upload videos related to village culture and rural families daily routine. While Srikanth was looking for an old woman for his YouTube videos, he asked Gangavva to act in his videos.
She acted in the reaction video, ‘Village Internet Problems’ in 2017, which went viral on YouTube. She continued appearing in various videos and started getting more and more views and subscribers.
In 2019, Gangavva received a gold play button from YouTube for reaching one million subscribers.
She played small roles in various Telugu films, including ‘KGF’ (2018), ‘iSmart Shankar’ (2019), and ‘Mallesham’ (2019).
- Her full name is Milkuri Gangavva. Instagram
- In an interview, when she was asked how social media had changed her life, she replied,
If we believe in our strengths, anything can happen. We must strongly want it to happen. I believed in the possibility that I could act. I like being in front of the camera, I like acting. It’s nice to know that people from all over India are watching what I do. I went to a theatre when I was really small. We had gone to watch Muthyala Muggu at a cinema hall in our village. After that, I rarely watched any film. I am a farmer and don’t own a television set. Now that I live with Srikanth, I watch movies now and then. But I watch the laptop more because I need to see my videos to improve myself.”
- She shared in an interview that her team members read script for her as she is not literate.
- When asked if she used makeup in any of her YouTube videos, in an interview, she replied,
I never powder or lipstick, I look absolutely perfect without it, don’t I?”
- In 2019, she appeared on the talk show, ‘Josh Talk’ Telugu.
- She has received many awards and honours including ‘Women Achiever Award’ in 2020.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She has met many popular South Indian celebrities for various promotional events. In her ‘Q n A’ session on Instagram, she said that the famous Indian actor, Vijay Deverakonda is one of her favourite actors.
References [ + ]