Nick Bare is an American YouTuber, Author, and entrepreneur. He is the CEO of Bare Performance Nutrition, founder of Embrace The Suck Training Program, and host of The Bare Performance podcast.
Nick Bare was born on Wednesday, August 1, 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019), in Austin, Texas. His zodiac sign is Leo.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nutrition and a minor in Business Administration from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. At the same time, he was in ROTC (The Reserve Officer Training Corps) program there.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Mike Bare and his mother’s name is Linda Bare.
He has a brother, Preston Bare.
Girlfriend & Wife
He was in a relationship for a long time with a YouTuber, Stefany Banda, and in December 2018, the couple got engaged. In March 2020, Stefany and Nick, through their social media accounts, announced that they would be getting married in late 2020.
As an Army Officer
After his graduation, Nick joined the US Army in May 2013 and was commissioned as an Infantry Officer; spending his first year of service at Fort Benning, GA to complete the Infantry Officer Course, Ranger School, and Airborne School.
He was then stationed at Fort Hood in Texas as an Infantry Platoon Leader.
Later, he was stationed at South Korea, where he spent most of his time building his business. Nick retired from the military in 2017.
As an Entrepreneur
He started his career as an entrepreneur by making before-exercise supplements and selling them in his college. In the last year of his college, the military associated bank, USAA, was offering a loan of up to $25,000 for ROTC cadets about to graduate. He took the loan to launch his company ‘Bare Performance Nutrition’ (BPN) in 2012. He began by working with a US-based manufacturer to formulate, produce, and test his first two products, Flight (pre-workout), and Intra-Flight (BCAAs).
When he was in the military, he began building his social media presence, which eventually helped in his business growth. In 2012, he started his YouTube channel. He uploaded his first video titled ‘Full Day of Eating’ in October 2014.
His main motive to start his YouTube channel was to bring public attention to his brand. In 2020, his YouTube channel crossed more than 536K subscribers.
In 2017, after he retired from the military, he shifted his full focus to BPN and grew his brand to multiple seven-figure businesses scaling the sports nutrition and dietary supplement industry. At present, BPN also merchandises shirts, shaker/water bottles, bags, gift cards, and duffel bags.
Later, Nick created ‘Embrace the Suck’ Training programs. The training program runs as long as 12 weeks, which mimics the training style of Nick.
In 2020, he published his book ‘25 Hours a Day: Going One More to Get What You Want.’
In 2015, he started another channel called ‘Bare Performance Nutrition,’ in which he started his ‘Bare Performance Podcast.’ The YouTube channel also serves as a platform where he shares the story of BPN and advertises its products.
- Ford Ranger Raptor
- BMW M4
- Food: Pizza, Burger, Parmesan Truffle Fries
- Bar: The Rustic Tap in Austin
- In his teens, he suffered from Anorexia and recovered from it in his late teens. After his recovery, he became conscious of his health and started going to his high school football gym to workout with his friends. Eventually, he embraced a fitness lifestyle and decided to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nutrition.
- For promoting his business, he learned videography, photography, and social media marketing. Talking about it, he said,
When I arrived in Texas in early 2014 I decided to start my own social media platforms. Initially, I started by sharing workout and nutrition advice on YouTube but over time I started adding some military topics and behind the scenes of building Bare Performance Nutrition.”
- His company’s motto is ‘Go One More.’ According to Nick,
GO ONE MORE is meant to push you beyond what you think your mind and body is capable of. It is not just something you apply once. It compounds. Push yourself daily to run a little further, train a little harder, learn a little more and over time those things compound to facilitate your progression forward.”
- In 2020, he was preparing to participate in the Boston Marathon, the world’s oldest annual marathon, which ranks as one of the world’s most prestigious road racing events; the 2020 Boston Marathon was canceled due to Coronavirus Outbreak.
- In 2019, he was one of the participants in the Ironman Triathlon (a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation, consisting of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bicycle ride, and a marathon 26.22-mile run) where he won a finisher medal.
- In 2018, he was one of the participants in the ‘Austin Marathon,’ an annual event held at Austin, Texas in which the runners from all 50 US states and 35 countries typically run the marathon.
- He loves skiing and goes skiing with his fiancée, Stefany, once every year.
- Nick Bare is often seen sipping alcohol with his friends and family.
- Nick has three tattoos on his body; he has a tattoo on the back of his arm, a tattoo that says ‘Go One More,’ on his wrist, and a tattoo of his surname on the side of his abdomen.
- He is an avid dog lover and owns three pet dogs; one of them is named ‘Ry.’