Iti Acharya is an Indian actress and producer who became Miss South India in 2016. She is famous as a South Indian actress as she worked in various Kannada, Malayalam, and Tamil films. She made her Hollywood debut with a music video for an English song, Love Her Too Much, in 2023. She shared the Red Carpet with the Bollywood actress Sara Ali Khan at the Cannes International Film Festival 2023.
Iti Acharya was born on Friday, 15 July 1994 (age 29 years; as of 2023) in Jaipur. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She pursued a graduate degree in fashion design at the National Institute of Fashion Technology. At a young age, she started her career as a gird girl at Formula One.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Dark brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-36
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents. She has a younger brother named Abhi Acharya who is a musician.
She follows Hinduism.
She appeared in a small role in a Malayalam film, Kili Poyi, released in 2013. In 2015, Iti played the role of the main lead in the film Kerala Today. She appeared in the role of an author, Shweta Khatri, in the English horror film Islamic Exorcist released in 2017. She worked in the Kannada film Deal Raja in 2016. Iti was the main lead in another Kannada film, Dhwani, released in 2017.
She played the role of Bindu in a Tamil language film, Semma Botha Aagatha, released in 2018. She appeared in a Telugu film, Pasivadi Pranam, as the main lead in 2022. Apart from working in films, she also worked in short films like Hiv (2014), Scream (2019), and Anukarne (2023).
She has co-produced some short films like Mi Amor – a selfish love story (2018) and Aashiq – Phir Ek Baar (2019). She made her debut in a Hollywood music video as an actor and a co-producer for the song Love Her Too Much by singer Merlin Babaji in 2023.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- She received the Best Actress Award at the Wall of Fame Awards in 2022.
- Her Hollywood music video of the song Love Her Too Much got featured on New York City Times Square Billboard in 2023.
- Wockhardt Foundation appointed Iti Acharya as a World Peace Keeper and a Peace Ambassador in 2020.
- The Ministry of Culture made her Cultural Ambassador of India on the occasion of the 75th Independence Day in 2022.
- She made her Cannes Debut as the chief guest at the Cannes Short Film Festival in 2022. She presented her Kannada film Anukarne at The Indian Pavilion at the Cannes Film Festival 2023.
- In an interview, she revealed that at Cannes Film Festival, she wore Indian brands rather than going after big brands to promote homegrown designers on an international level.
- In 2022, Iti Acharya got featured on New York City Times Square Billboard during New York Fashion Week; the designers of New York Fashion Week chose her to be the Brand Ambassador of their clothing lines.
- Her short film Scream based on child abuse got featured at the International Children’s Film Festival of Jaipur in 2019.
- One of her Hindi Indie films got premiered at the Washington DC Centre & Harvard University film society.
- She has worked with the famous Bollywood photographer Dabboo Ratnani.
- She was the showstopper at many fashion shows like Karnataka Gracious Fashion Week 2021, Blenders Pride Fashion Tour, and Bangalore Fashion Week.
- She even participated in the Miss India pageant but did not get selected.
- She started modelling during her college days.
- She is a trained dancer in various dance forms like Kathak, folk style, freestyle and belly dance.
- She has learnt hula hooping and kickboxing.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and posts her workout videos and photos on her social media.