Daljeet Singh Kalsi or Daljit Singh Kalsi Hindustan Times is an Indian actor, producer, and writer, who mostly works in the Punjabi film industry. A Sikh extremist, Daljeet Singh Kalsi is alleged to be the advisor and financier of pro-Khalistan activist and Waris De Punjab (WPD) head Amritpal Singh. According to some media reports, Kalsi acted as a link between Amritpal Singh and Pakistan and helped Amritpal spread his Khalistani ideology in Punjab, India. In March 2023, Kalsi was detained by the Punjab police under Section 3 (2) of the National Security Act. Punjab New Express
Daljeet Singh Kalsi, also known as Sarabjeet Singh Kalsi The Tribune, was born on Tuesday, 9 August 1983 (age 39 years; as of 2022) in Amritsar, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Leo. He attended the University of Delhi. Daljeet Singh Kalsi – Facebook Daljeet aspired to become a film director from a young age. After pursuing his graduation, he moved to Mumbai to establish his career as a filmmaker. However, he failed to do any projects there and decided to return to Delhi. In Delhi, Kalsi worked at the airport for around 4 years. When he was planning to set up his own business, he met Jackie Shroff who suggested him to try his luck in acting. As Daljeet was associated with the Punjabi singers Mika Singh and Yo Yo Honey Singh for a long time, he decided to work in the Punjabi film industry. He attended Barry John Acting Studio in Delhi to pursue an acting course and later ventured into acting.
Height (approx.): 6′
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Daljeet Singh Kalsi’s mother’s name is S Jaswant Kaur Kalsi. He has two sisters, Roma Singh and Ramandeep Kaur, and three brothers, Pritpal Kalsi, Satinder Kalsi, and Jatinder Kalsi.
Wife & Children
He is married to Neeru Kalsi. Together, they have a son, Simarjeet (Sunny) Kalsi, and two daughters, Amanpreet Kalsi and Ruhani Kaur.
Daljeet Singh Kalsi has appeared as a supporting actor in many Punjabi films. In 2017, he appeared in the Punjabi film Sardar Saab. Daljeet also wrote the screenplay of the film.
A year later, he played the role of an honest DSP in the Punjabi film Jagga Jiunda E.
He has also featured in the Punjabi film Zeba: A True Story (2022). In 2018, he appeared as a judge in the reality TV show Mr. Punjab.
In April 2020, Daljeet Singh Kalsi, along with 30 other actors from Punjab featured in the lockdown motivational song Honsla Na Chaddi. He is the director of the Punjabi entertainment firm All Time Movies Pvt. Ltd. Daljeet is also the director of the Delhi-based companies Delport Business Xpress Private Limited and Delfra E-Commerce Solutions Private Limited.
Waris De Punjab
On 30 September 2021, the Punjabi actor-turned-activist Sandeep Singh alias Deep Sidhu started an organisation named Waris Punjab De (Heirs of Punjab). The organisation’s primary aim was ‘to protect and fight for rights of Punjab and raise social issues.’ At that time, Daljit Singh Kalsi was close to Deep Sidhu and associated himself with the organisation. Following the death of Deep Sidhu in a road accident, Amritpal Singh was appointed as the chief of Waris Punjab De. Many people believe that Kalsi was behind the suspicious anointment of Amritpal as Mukh Sevadar of Waris Punjab De. Since then, he has been an advisor and financier of Amritpal.
According to some media reports, Kalsi was a part of the conspiracy to vandalize the Ajnala police station; on 23 February 2023, Khalistani sympathiser Amritpal Singh and his supporters, armed with rifles, pistols, swords, and a variety of hand-held weapons, stormed the Ajnala police station to protest against the arrest of Amritpal’s aide Lovepreet Singh Toofan.
Some media sources also claim that Daljeet Singh Kalsi was in active liaison with Pakistan through its Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada, and was seen submitting a memorandum against India to the Pakistan Consulate General. He had also established several links in Pakistan via Dubai. On 18 March 2023, the Punjab police launched a massive crackdown operation against Waris Punjab De Chief Amritpal Singh in which arrested Daljeet Singh Kalsi, Amritpal’s close aide. Daljeet has been charged with Section 3 (2) of the National Security Act. According to the investigating agencies, Daljeet Singh Kalsi’s account was credited with around Rs. 35 crores from foreign countries in the past two years. The agency has also kept around two dozen mobile phone numbers from Pakistan under scrutiny on which calls were made or received on Kalsi’s phone. Lokmat News
- Singer: Gurdas Maan
- Actor: Sunny Deol
- Food: Chhole Bhature
- Quote: “You hold the ultimate power to define who you will be.”
- Daljeet Singh Kalsi is fluent in three languages- Hindi, English, and Punjabi.
- His family and friends fondly call him Hero and Jeet. Facebook – Daljeet Singh Kalsi Facebook – Daljeet Singh Kalsi
- Daljeet Singh Kalsi is a resident of West Punjabi Bagh, Delhi.
- Kalsi has a Nirbhau Nirvair tattoo inked on the outer sides of both her hands. He also has a ‘Sachi Ucchiya’ tattoo inked on his left hand as a tribute to the Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala.
- Daljeet Singh Kalsi owns two pet dogs, Jagga and Daku.
- He is very particular about his fitness and follows a strict workout regimen. Apparently, Daljeet Singh Kalsi once weighed 100 kg. He lost around 35 kgs of weight within 6 months by carefully scheduling his workout sessions and planning his diet. Daljeet Singh Kalsi – Instagram
- Daljeet was earlier a non-vegetarian, but he later gave up non-vegetarian food and alcohol and decided to embrace a healthy lifestyle. Daljeet Singh Kalsi – Instagram
- In an interview, Daljeet Singh once shared his experience as a Sikh employee at a store, possibly at Elante Mall. He said that there was a clause in his contract with the company that the employee could not speak in Punjabi. Kalsi demanded strict action against such orders in Punjab.