Kranti Redkar is an Indian actress, singer, and filmmaker who works in Marathi theatre, television, and films. She is best known for the Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” from the film ‘Jatra.’
Kranti Redkar was born on 17 August 1982 (age 36 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She attended Mumbai’s Cardinal Gracias High School and went to Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai to pursue her graduation. Kranti was inclined towards acting since childhood and at the age of 3, played the role of Mother Teresa in the school. Although Redkar never thought of pursuing acting as her career, she started receiving offers for commercial plays that led her to become an actress.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements: 34-27-34
Family, Caste & Husband
Kranti belongs to a Brahmin Family. Not much is known about her parents. She has two sisters.
Kranti is married to Sameer Wankhede, an IPS officer.
Kranti made her debut with the Marathi film “Soon Asavi Ashi” (2000) starring Ankush Choudhary. Later she was seen in Prakash Jha’s Hindi film “Gangaajal” (2003) in which she played an important role of a kidnapped girl named Apoorva. She is quite famous for her super hit Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” opposite Bharat Jadhav in the Marathi film “Jatra” (2006). She was subsequently seen in “Shahanpan Dega Deva,” “No Entry Pudhe Dhoka Aahey,” “Pipani,” and “Karaar.”
In 2014, she marked her directorial debut with the movie “KAAKAN” starring Jitendra Joshi and Urmila Kanitkar. In addition to acting and directing, Kranti has also tried her hands in singing. She lent her voice to the song “Lootla” from the Marathi film ‘kiran kulkarni vs kiran kulkarni.’
In 2019, she featured in the movie “Rocky.”
In 2013, Kranti was linked with the Match Fixing controversy by a TV channel. However, she later filed a defamation case against the channel.
- Golden Camera Award for Best Director for the film “Kaakan” at NIFF (Nashik International Film Festival)
- Zeetalkies Comedy Award for Best Actress for the film “Murder Mestri” (2016)
- Food: Pasta, Burgers, Tandoori Crab, Brownies
- Beverage: Coffee
- Destination: Scotland, London
- Colour: Red, White
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Quote: “Hell is empty and all the devils are here” by William Shakespeare.
- Her hobbies include dancing, listening to music, and cooking.
- Kranti made her first dance performance on stage at the age of 5 at her school function. She danced exactly like Mithun Chakraborty on the song “Julie Julie” from the film Jeete Hai Shan Se.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- Kranti is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.