Kranti Redkar is an Indian actress, singer, and filmmaker who works in Marathi theatre, television, and films. She is best known for the Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” from the film ‘Jatra.’
Kranti Redkar was born on Tuesday, 17 August 1982 (age 41 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She attended Mumbai’s Cardinal Gracias High School and went to Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai to pursue her graduation. Kranti was inclined towards acting since childhood and at the age of 3, she played the role of Mother Teresa in the school. Although Redkar never thought of pursuing acting as her career, she started receiving offers for commercial plays that led her to become an actress.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-27-34
Parents & Siblings
Kranti`s father`s name is Dinanath Redkar who is an actor, producer, director, and writer. Her mother`s name is Urmila Redkar. She has two sisters named Sanjana Wavhal and Hridaya Banerjee.
Husband & Children
Kranti got married to Sameer Wankhede, who is an Indian Revenue Service officer, on 29 March 2017.
She gave birth to twins Ziya and Zyda in December 2018.
Kranti follows Hinduism. India Today She revealed about being a Hindu in a Tweet on 25 October 2021, which came after the NCP leader Nawab Malik’s tweet in which he questioned Sameer Wankhede’s Muslim name. In her tweet, she wrote,
Me n my Husband Sameer r born Hindus.We hv never converted to any other religion.V respect all religions.Sameer’s father too is hindu married to my Muslim Mom in law who is no more.Sameer’s ex-marriage ws under special marriage act,divorced in 2016.Ours in hindu marriage act 2017.”
Me n my Husband Sameer r born Hindus.We hv never converted to any other religion.V respect all religions.Sameer’s father too is hindu married to my Muslim Mom in law who is no more.Sameer’s ex-marriage ws under special marriage act,divorced in 2016.Ours in hindu marriage act 2017 pic.twitter.com/BDQsyuvuI7
— KRANTI REDKAR WANKHEDE (@KrantiRedkar) October 25, 2021
Kranti made her debut with the Marathi film “Soon Asavi Ashi” (2000) starring Ankush Choudhary. Later, she was seen in Prakash Jha’s Hindi film “Gangaajal” (2003) alongside Ajay Devgan in which she played an important role of a kidnapped girl named Apoorva. She is known for her super hit Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” opposite Bharat Jadhav in the Marathi film “Jatra” (2006). She was subsequently seen in “Shahanpan Dega Deva,” “No Entry Pudhe Dhoka Aahey,” “Pipani,” and “Karaar.”
In 2014, she marked her directorial debut with the movie “KAAKAN” starring Jitendra Joshi and Urmila Kanitkar. In addition to acting and directing, Kranti has also tried her hand at singing. She lent her voice to the song “Lootla” from the Marathi film ‘kiran kulkarni vs kiran kulkarni.’
In 2019, she featured in the movie “Rocky” and played the character of a police officer.
In 2013, Kranti’s name appeared in the IPL match-fixing controversy related to Sreeshant who was later banned for life for his role in the match-fixing. Kranti`s name was flashed by a local Hindi news channel in this case. According to the channel, Kranti met a person named Sunil who further introduced her to Sreeshant at a party for spot-fixing. The Times of India However, the actress denied these allegations against her and said,
I am shooting in Kudal for my upcoming film ‘Kaakan’. How can I be present at the party they are talking about?”
- Golden Camera Award for Best Director for the film “Kaakan” at NIFF (Nashik International Film Festival)
- Zeetalkies Comedy Award for Best Actress for the film “Murder Mestri” (2016)
- Food: Pasta, Burgers, Tandoori Crab, Brownies
- Beverage: Coffee
- Destination: Scotland, London
- Colour: Red, White
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Kranti is a strong advocate of women`s health, and she often shares articles encouraging women to take care of their health. In one such post, she talked about the health of the women who have recently delivered babies, and who desperately want to lose their weight post-pregnancy. She also shared her own picture in the post. She wrote,
Shedding weight takes time ladies but be at it . Don’t be lazy, eat healthy and not fattening food. Don’t miss your workout. The goal should never be losing weight. It should be to get fit . You may workout for 4 hours but if you are not eating right it will never give results. And ladies don’t pressure yourself , your body has done so much for you , let it take its own time , it might be quick for some of you and might be slow for some of you.”
- Her hobbies include dancing, listening to music, and cooking.
- Kranti made her first dance performance on stage at the age of 5 at a school function. She danced exactly like Mithun Chakraborty on the song “Julie Julie” from the film Jeete Hai Shan Se.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- Kranti is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Kranti`s nephew Prithvi Sachin Wavhal, who was 18 and studied at Ryan International School, committed suicide in 2017. The Hindu
- She ties Rakhi to Omkar Mangesh Datt who is a storyteller.
- In 2021, Kranti`s husband, Sameer Wankhede, was in news for arresting Aryan Khan (Shah Rukh Khan`s son) in a drug-related case. In an interview, Kranti talked about how proud she was of her husband and the way he handles the cases. She said,
Sameer has always been a hard worker. His operations and cases were there even before too. Today, he is dealing with Bollywood-related drug probe cases, which is why it is getting highlighted. I give him his space when he is investigating or working on operations. I never ask him what happened, how it happened because I respect the secrecy of his job. I take care of everything at home, which is why he can concentrate on his cases more.”
- She talked about her twins in an Instagram post and said,
I will never be the same as I was before I delivered ZYDA AND ZIYA . It’s me , a new person. Vulnerable, always scared, emotional yet strong , always divided between two worlds, always divided between two babies. Today I am a superwoman who can go to any length to do anything for my babies. I use to wonder when I read miraculous stories about these mothers who did unbelievable things for their kids , how did they ? From where did they gather that strength? Today I get it.. it comes as a bi-product of being a mother. With no special efforts a mother can do wonders , she can sacrifice everything she has to see her baby smile just once.”
- Her favourite quote is “Hell is empty and all the devils are here” by William Shakespeare.