Ajay Devgn is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Bollywood. He gained huge popularity with the films, Singham and Golmaal. Check out Ajay Devgn Wiki, Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
He was born as Vishal Veeru Devgan on 2 April 1969 in New Delhi, India. Currently, he resides in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. His Zodiac Sign is Aries. His friends call him by different names like Ajay and Raju. By numerological advice, he changed his surname Devgan to Devgn. He is popularly known for his stunts, especially, standing on two moving bikes. He was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
He has a great physique and regularly workout to stay healthy and fit. He is approximately 5’10’’ tall and weighs around 80 kg. He has a broad chest to be around 43 Inches, waist 34 Inches, and biceps 16 Inches. He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Wife
He was born in a Saraswat Brahmin family to a stunt choreographer and action film director, Veeru Devgan and film producer, Veena Devgan. He has a sister, Neelam Devgan. His cousin brother Anil Devgan is a director. He is Hindu by religion.
Earlier, he had an affair with actress Raveena Tandon. He was also in a relationship with actress Karisma Kapoor.
On 24 February 1999, he got married to actress Kajol. The couple has a daughter Nysa who was born in 2003 and son Yug who was born in 2010.
He did his schooling at Silver Beach High School, Mumbai and did his graduation at Mithibai College, Mumbai. He made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in the film Pyari Behna, in which he played the role of Kalicharan. He got his first lead role of Ajay in 1991 in the Bollywood film Phool Aur Kaante. The film received positive reviews, and he won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. After that, he worked in numerous hit films like Jigar (1992), Dilwale (1994), Suhaag (1994), Diljale (1996), Ishq (1997), Zakhm (1998), Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006), Golmaal Returns (2008), etc. He received the National Film Award for Best Actor twice for the films, Zakhm (1998) and The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2003).
In 1994, he worked as an assistant director under Deepak Shivdasani for the film Madam X. In 2000, he started his production company with the name Ajay Devgn FFilms and the first film that was produced under his production company is Raju Chacha (2000). He also produced some TV serials like Devi (2002–2004) and Swami Ramdev – Ek Sangharsh (2018).
- In the 1990s, Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor fought over him, as he was dating Raveena Tandon before Karisma Kapoor. After the break-up, Raveena revealed the stories in the media of Ajay’s betrayal. Ajay then clarified by saying that, “Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! Our families have known each other for years; she used to come over to our place because she’s a friend of my sister Neelam. When she started behaving badly, we couldn’t throw her out, could we? I was never close to her. Ask her, if I’ve ever called her up or talked to her on my own. She’s just trying to get publicity by linking her name to mine.”
- In 2009, producer Karan Ramsay registered a copyright infringement case against Ajay Devgn for the script of the film All The Best. Later, the case went in favour of Karan Ramsay, but the production house of Ajay claimed that their film was an official remake of an English comedy play, Right Bed Wrong Husband.
- When the film Son of Sardaar’s trailer release, the Human Rights activist Navkiran Singh filed a complaint against Ajay and asked him to cut off the derogatory scenes and remarks that wrongly depicted the Sikhs. After which, he made the changes in the film suggested by them.
- Before the release of his film Son of Sardaar and Yash Chopra film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ajay filed a legal complaint against Yashraj Films claiming that they had manipulated distributors and exhibitors in getting more screens for their film.
- After the Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay trailer release, Kamaal Rashid Khan gave a biased review in favour of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Later, Ajay claimed that Karan Johar paid Kamaal Rashid Khan for the reviews of the trailer.
- Ajay is a close friend of Rohit Shetty, and they know each other from childhood through their parents who are famous action directors.
- He was the first Bollywood actor who owns a private jet for using it as transport to his shooting locations and promotions.
- He is a non-vegetarian, and his favourite foods are Roast Chicken, Fish Curry and Rice, and Chinese Bang-Bang Chicken.
- He is also a good cook and makes delicious Mutton curry.
- He supports Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He smokes and drinks alcohol.
- His hobbies are Sketching and Trekking.
- Al Pacino, Anthony Hopkins, and Jack Nicholson are his favourite Hollywood actors, and Amitabh Bachchan is his favourite Bollywood actor.
- Madhubala is his favourite actress.
- Vijay Anand is his favourite director.
- His favourite perfume brand is Polo.
- He has a large collection of shoes and sunglasses.
- His favourite colour is Black.
- He likes to watch films, and his favourite films are Guide, The Others, and The Sixth Sense.
- He also likes to listen to the music of Kenny Rogers. One of his favourite Hindi songs is Tune Mujhe Pehchana Nahin.
- He loves to spend his holidays in Goa, San Francisco, and London.
- His favourite outfit is Jeans and T-shirt.
- He has a tattoo of Lord Shiva on his chest.
- Superman is his favourite superhero.
- He has a Mercedes Z Class, Ferrari, Maserati, BMW Z4, Range Rover, and Toyota Celica cars.
- He gets paid 25 crores per film, and his net worth is around 227 crore.