Geeta Kapur (Geeta Kapoor) is renowned Indian choreographer and dancer. She is popularly known as a judge in the various Indian dance reality like ‘Dance India Dance, Super Dancer,’India Ke Mast Kalandar’ and many more. She is also known with the name, ‘Geeta Maa’. Check out Geeta Kapur Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend/Husband, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Geeta Kapur is a 45-years-old bubbly lady who was born on 5 July 1973 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She took a keen interest in dancing since her childhood. She used to do a dance in her family functions and also participates in the dance contest.
At the age of 15, Geeta joined Farah Khan‘s group for clearing her dancing concepts. After that, she professionally started choreography and opened her own dance academy. Apart from choreography and dancing, she also did modelling for a while in her younger days.
Her brown eyes, black hair and the huge smile with dimples on her cute face holds the attention of her audience on the screen. Besides this, carrying 5’ 5″ height and 75 kg weight, she has healthy physical structure.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Geeta Kapur hails from the Hindu family. She is very close to her mother and in her family, she loves her father the most.
Once her name was joined with a model Rajeev Khinchi which was an only a rumour.
In an interview, she shared that, many times she was proposed by an actor Sajid Khan as she was close to her sister Farah Khan but she rejected the offers every time. She is unmarried.
She started her career after learning dancing skills from Farah Khan‘s dance group. Initially, she started her own dance academy.
In 1998, she first time appeared as a secondary background dancer in the Bollywood song ‘Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aaye’ from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’.
She also appeared as a backstage dancer in the movies- ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’, ‘Main Hoon Na’, ‘Nayak’, and ‘Om Shanti Om’.
She choreographed many Bollywood films like Fiza (2000), Asoka (2001), Saathiya (2002), Heyy Babyy (2007), Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic (2008), Aladin (2009), Tees Maar Khan’s Sheila Ki Jawani’ (2010), Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya (2011), and Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi(2012).
She has also choreographed for many award ceremonies and concerts like Temptation Reloaded and has also choreographed the opening ceremony of Pepsi IPL 2013.
In 2008, she debuted in the TV show as a judge with the dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance’ (Season 2) and after that, she permanently shifted her focus to the small screen and started judging dance reality. She has judged more than 14 dance reality shows like ‘Dance India Dance,’ ‘DID L’il Masters,’ ‘DID Doubles’, ‘Dance Ke Super Kids’, etc.
She also gave a special appearance in the show DID Lil Masters, in which her mentor Farah Khan and Sandip Soparkar were the judges, during auditions as well as in a special episode.
In 2015, at around 5 am, she was driving at a high speed on JP Road at Vateshwar Naka in Versova and hit a pedestrian named Nisar Noor Mohammed and fractured his right knee. Though Geeta tried a lot to resolve the matter outside police level but the victim wasn’t ready and he filed an F.I.R. against her after which she got arrested by the Versova police but later on, released on bail.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- She considers Farah Khan as her mentor and second mother.
- She was called by the name ‘Geeta Maa’ by the Choreographer Feroz Khan when she was doing her modelling. She used to treat Feroz like a kid, after which, he starting calling her mother.
- In ‘Dance India Dance’ (Season 2), she trained a group ‘Geeta ki Gang’.
- In 2009, she got so irritated by the paparazzi who followed her all the way to her makeup room, that she shut the door in their faces. But, by doing so, she locked the door accidentally and stuck in the room, after which a fire brigade was called to rescue her.
- In 2009, she got so irritated by the paparazzi who followed her all the way to her makeup room, she stuck in her makeup room and accidentally, the door was locked, after which a fire brigade was called to rescue her.
- Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Gerard Butler, Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra and Vidya Balan are her favourite actors.
- She likes to eat Omelette.
- Goa and Dubai are her favourite holiday spots.
- She is a fond of reading books like Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts and Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling.
- She likes to watch Hollywood movies- Hitch, Sound Of Music, Pretty Woman, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, Singing In The Rain, Kung Fu Hustle, Momento, The Devil Wears Prada.
- She uses many kinds of branded perfumes like Red Door by Elizabeth, Coco Noir by Chanel, Roberto Cavalli’s perfume collection.
- She is a huge fan of fictional character Nancy Drew.
- In an interview, she revealed that before becoming a dance choreographer, she wanted to become an air hostess.
very nice family.Geeta maa I am your bigest .
I went through your bio and I also liked your show . I felt in love for you more after SUPER DANCER I have been interested in you and also liked RUPSA BABY DANCE. Irish to contact you can you please send me your address and phone number. I will be thankful to you.i FROM HYDERABAD.My number is 9391*****
Thanking you in advance.KUMAR
Geeta , you are the best . Smiling face
No one can match you
You reach at the highest place
Further to my earlier message i am orry for spellings mistakes.
Just to let you know I am Dilliwala currently residing in UK and I font miss on SONY TV WEEKENDS programme of your Dancing completion on weekends.stsy healthy eat less drink less be fit
as you look and keep smiling. . Your smile is just UNIQUE. YOUR TRO COLLEGUS JUDGES Malaika and Terence AFE NOT AS FAIR AND GENEROUS AS YOU ARE
Stay blessed keep smiling.shich is worth a Million Dollar atleast.TC
Dear Geeta the greates Dancer of the world.
Hope this message reaches you in when you are in good shape. Safe from Corina virus and in best of health.
Last night I watched your show and I wish to mention white suits you best. You looked most beautiful. Also firva changecMalaija too looked emigrant Sari.. her taste is no match to yours. Dint tel her that. By tge way are these rumours about you getting married to this young lad Rajeev. Who surely is a charming young man and I have no grudge against him. But If true my advice is that May not be wise.. you are now in your best age. Free of any matrimonial duties successful in your career. No one to to explain. Think about all the
possible bondage and. Limitations. . You are mature enough to decide your future . Keep entertaining the world . You are tge most skilful dancer Besides you love your mother and at this age it’s not always possible to change life style and certain habits . Stay as
free bird . Like millions I live you too. . I never ,I’ve to miss your programme along with Kapil Sharma show. I am very fond of Bharti too..
All the best and much ,Iove from me in London
I really a huge admirer of yours.
Be as you are. God blessed you with Good talent and best opportunities and you justify every time. Love you