Elnaaz Norouzi is an actress and model of Iranian origin who holds a German passport. She mainly works in the Indian television and cinema. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Zoya Mirza/Jamila’ in Netflix’s web series “Sacred Games.”
Elnaaz Norouzi was born on Thursday, 9 July 1992 (age 27 years; as in 2019) in Tehran, Iran. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
At the age of 8, she moved to Hanover, Germany with her family. Elnaaz has a deep interest in modelling and acting since her childhood. She started her career in modelling when she was 14 years old. After completing her schooling, Norouzi did a one year course in theatre in Hanover. She travelled to Asia and Europe until the age of 19 and finally moved to India after completing her graduation.
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-24-36
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Elnaaz Norouzi belongs to a Muslim Family. She is the daughter of Amiri Tandiseto and Shila Atashgah. She is the only child of her parents.
Marital Status: Unmarried
Elnaaz Norouzi started her career as an international model. She has appeared in TV commercials of many popular brands including “Lacoste,” “Dior,” “Esprit,” “Gerry Weber,” “HugoBoss,” “L’Oréal,” “Puma,” “Chopard,” “Myntra,” and Steve Madden.”
She made her acting debut in 2018 with the Pakistani film “Maan Jao Naa” in which she played the role of ‘Raania.’ Next, she made her Punjabi film debut with the film “Khido Khundi.” Elnaaz played the role of ‘Naaz Grewal’ in the movie.
Subsequently, she featured in Netflix’s web series “Sacred Games” as Zoya Mirza/Jamila. She has also appeared in ZEE5’s web series “Abhay.”
View this post on Instagram
Remembering my first ever scene with @nawazuddin._siddiqui Sir. I was so nervous… I wasn’t sure if I’ll be able to emote correctly or if I’ll ever be able to match the level of acting that this legendary actor has… this scene is so special for me 🙏🏼 so here is wishing you a very happy but slightly delayed Birthday Nawaz Sir 🥳 🎈 #HappyBirthday #SacredGames #Jamila and #GaneshGaitonde #Netflix #DerPateVonBombay
Elnaaz has appeared in the music videos of the Punjabi songs “Made in India” and “Dillagi.”
In addition to acting, Elnaaz has featured on the covers of magazines like “FHM India” and “Lifestyle.”
She has also walked the ramp for the fashion designers “Rebecca Dewan” and “Nivedita Saboo.”
View this post on Instagram
You know how stressful it is before these shows start … there is so much work behind the scenes for just a few minutes of show …. but once you walk on that ramp it’s all fun and games ⭐️ totally loved walking as a #showstopper for @niveditasaboocouture 😍😍😍 felt like a little princess in this super amazing dress – who loves the dress ?!?!? 👗 . . . . . . . @exhibitmagazine #exhibitfashion @ramesh_somani #elnaaznorouzi #fashionshow #catwalk #rampwalk
In 2019, she ropped in to play the lead in her Kollywood debut “Jana Gana Mana.”
- Food: Vegetable Salad, Pizza, French Fries, Pasta
- Actress: Angelina Jolie
- Travel Destination: Dubai
- Colours: Black, Purple
- Sports: Football, Basketball
- Film Directors: Vikramaditya Motwane and Anurag Kashyap
- Animated Character: Minions
- Her hobbies include swimming, playing football, dancing, reading books, and driving.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- Elnaaz has Acrophobia (fear of height).
- Prior to acting, Norouzi has worked as an international model for about 10 years.
- She has also attended several acting workshops in India.
- Elnaaz got trained in Persian Traditional Dance while growing up in Germany. Later, she also learned Hip Hop and Kathak dance styles.
- She loves to learn new languages. Elnaaz grew up in Germany; mastering German, English, and French. Later, she became fluent in Hindi, Urdu, and Punjabi languages as well.
- She is fond of animals and owns a pomeranian dog.
- Elnaaz considers Shah Rukh Khan as her inspiration.
- She is very particular about her fitness and follows a strict workout regime.
- According to Elnaaz, initially, it was very difficult for her to learn Hindi and adapt to Mumbai’s lifestyle.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Naaz.
- In an interview, Elnaaz revealed that when she was hunting for a place to live in Mumbai, she had to face some weird questions like ‘Who are you going to stay with?,’ ‘How old are you?,’ ‘Are you single?,’ and ‘What is your profession?.’
- Norouzi was not the first choice for the Pakistani film “Maan Jao Naa.” Earlier, actress Ushna Shah was finalised to play the lead role but it later went to Elnaaz.
- She was also offered some big roles in the Iranian Film Industry, but she rejected them all because of the restrictions that prevail there.
- Elnaaz was initially not comfortable in doing the steamy scenes in the web series “Sacred Games.” She credits Anurag Kashyap for instilling confidence in her and says-
It was very tough for me because I haven’t done such things before. The whole dilemma around it when I was sitting with Anurag sir was how am I going to do this. He sat with me throughout every scene and helped me throughout the whole thing. Had he not been there I wouldn’t be confident enough to do it with any other director. I would like to thank him for this. We had a great time and a great team who was very helpful during the filming of the said scenes.”
- In July 2019, Elnaaz was detained at the Chicago international airport and interrogated for about 3 hours by the airport authorities. While explaining the ordeal she faced at the Chicago airport, Elnaaz said-
I had to stay in immigration for more than 3 hours or so and I was stopped by the officers to board my connecting flight. I hold a German passport and so I do not require a visa to travel to the United States. But due to my Iranian roots, I applied for a normal visa as Trump has put some ban on Iranis and they do not get ESTA anymore and that’s why they wanted to double-check on everything.”