Mimi Chakraborty is an Indian model and actress who works in Bengali television and cinema. She is also a politician, who is a Member of Lok Sabha from Jadavpur Constituency of West Bengal in the 17th Lok Sabha (2019-2024).
Mimi Chakraborty was born on Saturday, 11 February 1989 (age 30 years; as in 2019) in the Jalpaiguri city of West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
She spent her childhood in Arunachal Pradesh in the Deomali town of Tirap District and then moved to her ancestral home in Jalpaiguri with her family. She did her schooling from Holy Child School, Jalpaiguri and later went to St. James’ School, Binnaguri. She did Bachelors in English from Asutosh College, Kolkata.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 29-27-30
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Mimi Chakraborty belongs to a Bengali Brahmin Family. Her father’s name is Arun Chakraborty and her mother’s name is Tapashi Chakraborty.
She was once in a relationship with Raj Chakraborty, who is Bengali film director and producer.
She then came in relationship with Melih Kizilkaya, an actor.
Mimi Chakraborty started her career as a model; she was one of the participants of Femina Miss India. She made her acting debut with the TV serial “Champion” that aired on Akash Bangla in 2008. She then did a TV show “Gaaner Oparey (2010-11),” in which she played the role of ‘Pupe,’ which became very popular.
Mimi joined All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) in 2019.
She contested in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections from Jadavpur Constituency of West Bengal. She won the elections by 2,95,239 votes against BJP’s Anupam Hazra.
- Mimi Chakraborty faced massive criticism after one of her pictures went viral on social media. The picture showed her wearing gloves while shaking hands with commoners during one of her election campaigns. BJP alleged that it was the insult to the voters. Mimi’s team on her support claimed that she had suffered from burns and nail scratches during her election campaigns, which were the reason why she wore gloves.
- After her name was announced as a candidate for 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she faced a lot of criticism. She found herself in a controversy when she posted a photo of her wearing ‘hijab’ and wished a happy Ramadan on social media. She was slammed for hurting religious sentiments of people for wearing ‘hijab’ and got tagged for her actions as a ‘cheap publicity stunt’ to gain votes.
- Mimi Chakraborty, after her win in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, posted her pictures on social media with Parliament in her background. She was highly trolled for wearing westernized clothes in the parliament; with people telling her that it was not the place of her shooting and she should start getting serious.
- In 2018, she was trolled for wearing tee and shorts in front of ‘Ganesh Murti’ during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, with her haters telling that she had hurt religious sentiments of the people and her dressing was inappropriate for the festival.
- Once the Bengali actress, Subhashree Ganguly tweeted that Raj Chakraborty and Mimi Chakraborty have gone on a vacation to Goa. Mimi Chakraborty clarified that she had gone to her hometown for some work and slammed Subhashree for spreading false rumours against her.
- Telesomman Award for Telekonya for the TV serial “Gaaner Opaarey” in 2011
- Big Bangla Rising Star Awards for Rising Star (Female) for the film “Bapi Bari Ja” in 2013
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Award for Best Promising Actress for the film “Bapi Bari Ja” in 2013
- Star Jalsha Parivar Awards for Best Romantic Jodi with Ankush Hazra for the film “Ki Kore Toke Bolbo” in 2017
Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Food: Sandesh, Mishti Doi, Payesh, Pastry, Cupcake
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Rani Mukerji
- Musician: Shakira, Rihanna, Lata Mangeshkar
- Colour: Red, Yellow
- Sport: Basketball, Cricket
- Cricketer: Sourav Ganguly
- Perfume: Armani
- Restaurant: Tao Restaurant
Her estimated Net Worth is approximately Rs. 2 crores (as in 2019).
- Mimi likes dancing and shopping.
- In 2016, she received Kolkata Desirable Actor Award.
- She has been a part of Fame Fashion and Creative Excellence (FFACE), one of India’s prominent media, fashions and Talent Management brands.
- In 2014, she was a part of the conceptual gift cards of FFACE and portrayed Goddess Durga for promoting women empowerment.
- She likes to spend her birthday in orphanages.
- She is an avid animal lover.
- She made her debut as a singer with the song “Keno Je Toke Reprise” from the movie “Mon Jaane Na” in 2019.