Karanvir Bohra is a famous Indian actor, Producer and TV presenter. Though Karanvir also worked as a child artist, he became a household name for his negative role in TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay. Let’s check out how Karanvir made it big on the silver screen, his personal life, marriage, children and many other facts.
Karanvir Bohra was born, as Manoj Bohra, on 28 August 1982in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. The famous television actor began his professional journey at the tender age of 8 as a child artist in Tejaa (1990). Bohra became a household name with his portrayal negative role of Prem Basu/Yudi in Star Plus’ famous TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay. He is also well-known for playing Dhruv in Ronnie Screwvala’s Television serial Shararat- Thoda Jaadu, Thodi Nazaakat which streamed on Star Plus from 2003 to 2007. It was in the year 2007 that he changed his name from Manoj Bohra to Karanvir Bohra. Apart from appearing in various famous television serials in lead roles, he is also seen participating in dance and other reality shows. Karanvir Bohra is appreciated for hosting many shows as well.
Karanvir Vohra is a fitness freak and goes to the gym regularly. He stands tall at 5’ 7” and weighs 75 kg. He has a masculine physique and has body measurements as 42” chest, 32” waist, and 16” biceps.
Karanvir is a trained Kathak dancer too and has received training from Pandit Veeru Krishnan for two years.
Family, Religion & Wife
Karanvir was born in a Hindu Brahmin Marwari family.
Karanvir is the only son of Mahendra Bohra, a filmmaker and Madhu Bohra. He is the grandson of the late producer Ramkumar Bohra. Karanvir Bohra has two sisters Meenakshi Bohra Vyas and Shivangi Bohra.
On 3 November 2006, Karanvir tied the knot with the actress Teejay Sidhu at Sri Sri Ravishankar Ashram, Bengaluru.
In 2017, Karanvir and Teejay became parents of two twin girls Vienna Bohra and Raya Bella Bohra.
Karanvir Bohra did his schooling from GD Somani Memorial School, Mumbai. After completing his schooling, he chose Sciences and enrolled in Elphinstone College, Mumbai. He was not good in academics or sports. After that, he opted out of sciences and completed his Bachelors in Commerce from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. He began his professional journey at quite an early stage. Bohra made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in 1990 by playing the role of young Tejaa in the Bollywood film Tejaa.
Karanvir has also assisted the directors of the TV serials, CID and Achanak 37 Saal Baad. He, along with Tina Parekh, in 2008, hosted the reality TV show Ek Se Badhkar Ek. Bohra was also seen in 1999’s television serial Just Mohabbat.
Karanvir Bohra debuted in the Bollywood industry with the 2008 release Kismat Konnection also starring Shahid Kapoor and Vidya Balan.
Bohra, apart from acting in television serials and Bollywood movies, participated in many reality TV shows like Nach Baliye Season 4 (2008) along with his wife, Teejay Sidhu.
Bohra has also appeared in Mr. & Ms. TV (2008), Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar (2008) along with his wife Teejay Sidhu and Tina Parekh, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6 (2013), Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki (2013), and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster (2014) along with his wife Teejay Sidhu.
In 2013, he, along with Teejay Sidhu, produced and acted in his first Punjabi film Love Yoou Soniye.
Karanvir started hosting the Season 4 of the famous Indian crime TV serial Gumrah: End of Innocence and replaced Abhay Deol. However, when the show started facing the financial crisis, the show-makers asked him to reduce his money due to which he quit the show in 2015.
Karanvir Bohra, in 2017, hosted the reality TV show India’s Best Judwaah that streamed on Zee TV.
In the same year, he appeared as a guest in the controversial reality TV show Bigg Boss Season 11.
- All along his successful career, Karanvir has been rewarded with many awards. In 2006, Karanvir was awarded the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
- In 2012, Bohra received the Indian Telly Award and Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the TV serial Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava?
- Karanvir won the Zee Gold Award for Best Onscreen Jodi along with Surbhi Jyoti for the TV serial Qubool Hai in 2015.
- The year 2017 was big for Karanvir as he was conferred three different awards. Not only was he presented with the Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actor (Critics) for the TV serial Naagin 2 and the Zee Rishtey Award for Best Social Swagger of the Year but he also received the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award for Outstanding Contribution to Television Industry.
- In 2018, Karan won the Lions Gold Award for Best Host for the reality TV show India’s Best Judwaah.
- With success comes lots of responsibility and sometimes willing or unwilling comes many problems. Karan also got indulged in some controversies. Once Shahrukh Khan’s vanity van collided with Karanvir Bohra’s parked car which left Bohra agitated and wanted to file a case against Shahrukh Khan. Shahrukh Khan requested him not to file a case.
- For his controversial exit from the TV series Qubool Hai, he stated that he wasn’t convinced with the show taking a leap in the Season 3. Karanvir Bohra found the role not exciting enough and as the TRP was low, he chose to quit the show. However, he maintains that if given an opportunity, he would love to work with the same cast and crew in the future.
- While hosting the Life OK Screen Awards show, Karanvir mispronounced Anupam Kher’s name. Anupam Kher got really angry by this and said, “Mera naam announce kardo phir, kahi galti se misprint nahi hua ho bhaisaab. The next time if there’s a mistake like this accept it honestly and don’t try and cover it.” This unexpected remark from Anupam Kher left Karan red-faced.
- In June 2022, a case was registered against Karanvir Bohra at Oshiwara police station for allegedly duping a 40-year-old woman of Rs. 1.99 crore on the pretext of a return at 2.5 percent interest. Pinkvilla
- Karanvir likes to eat Sandwiches, Mawe Ki Barfi, and Chocolates.
- He prefers Marwari cuisine at any time.
- Karanvir is a big fan of the cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- He likes to watch actors Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and actresses Vyjayanthimala, Waheeda Rehman, and Helen on the silver screen.
- He likes to watch the Bollywood movie, Lamhe and Hollywood films, Momento and The Matrix in his idle time.
- Karanvir Bohra likes listening to Fourplay Band.
- To get a break from work, Karanvir likes to spend his vacations in Maldives and Goa.
- His favourite colour is Yellow.
- He prefers attar over conventional perfumes.
- Karanvir does not smoke.
- His wife, Teejay Sidhu is three and a half years older than him.
- Bohra is a Vegetarian.
- His hobbies include Dancing, Playing Cricket, and Gymming.
- In June 2012, Karanvir Bohra launched his clothing line for men, Pegasus in association with the fashion designer Amy Billmoria.