Julia Weissheimer Werlang Gama, Imperium Miss better known as Julia Gama, is a Brazilian model and actress. In 2021, she became the first runner-up of the 69th edition of the Miss Universe competition.
Julia Gama was born on Tuesday, May 18, 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021), in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
After completing her schooling, Julia enrolled herself in the Brazil’s Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul to pursue Chemical Engineering. Diario doNordeste After pursuing the third year of college, Julia quit her degree to pay attention to her modeling career. Later, she studied acting from Nu Espaço in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Weight (approx.): 50 Kg
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-26-34
Family & Caste
Julia began her journey as an international ambassador for Leprosy. Julia Gama won the gaucho contest “A Mais Bela Gaúcha” in 2012. She then represented her state in Miss Mundo Brasil 2014 and won the contest.
Later, she moved to China and got trained by the Venezuelan coach Alexander Gonzalez to participate in Miss World 2014. She was one of the top 11 contestants in the pageant and won a scholarship. Gama used her scholarship to study acting at Nu Espaço in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In 2016, Julia again moved to China and started working as a model. As a model, she has endorsed the Chinese cosmetic brand ‘Balincan.’ In 2017, she made her acting debut with the Chinese film “Delírius Insurgentes” as ‘Miss Vi.’
The film was screened at the Durban Film Festival in South Africa on July 18, 2017. She also appeared in the Chinese action film “Invisible Tattoo” (2018).
On August 20, 2020, Julia was chosen as the Miss Universe Brazil 2020 as the contest did not happen due to COVID-19.
Later, Gama represented Brazil in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, the United States on May 26, 2021, and emerged as the runner-up. The contest was won by Andrea Meza of Mexico.
- Food: Pizza
- Beverage: Black Tea
- She enjoys dancing and singing in her leisure time.
- Julia is a polyglot. She is fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin.
- Reportedly, Gama is the first Brazilian actress to make a name in the Chinese film industry.
- In 2017, Julia received the ‘The Most Incredible Award’ from Belt and the Road Chinese Government International Initiative for her cultural contribution.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym daily.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, she returned to Brazil and started working with Smile Train (international children’s charity). By the end of July 2021, Julia, along with Smile Train, expects to provide surgeries to all the cleft lip and palate children in Brazil.