Swapnil Joshi is an Indian actor and comedian who mainly works in Hindi and Marathi cinema. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Young Krishna’ in the TV series “Shri Krishna.”
Swapnil Joshi was born on Tuesday, 18 October 1977 (age 42 years; as in 2019) in Girgaum, Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Libra.
He did his schooling from Mumbai’s The Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Parsee Charitable Institution and went to Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics to pursue B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce).
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Swapnil Joshi belongs to a Brahmin Family. Wikipedia
Parents & Siblings
His parents were government employees. Swapnil is the only child of his parents.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Swapnil Joshi got married to Aparna (Dentist) in 2005. However, it was a short-lived marriage, and the two got divorced in 2009.
In 2011, he again found love in a dentist named Leena Aradhye. The couple tied the knot after a few months of courtship. Together, they have a daughter, Maarya Joshi and a son, Raghav Joshi.
Swapnil Joshi started his acting career at the age of 9 with the TV series “Uttar Ramayana” (1986) in which he played the role of ‘Kusha.’ He rose to fame by playing the role of young ‘Krishna’ in the epic TV series “Shri Krishna.”
He, then, took a break from acting and made a comeback to the Indian television with Sanjeev Bhattacharya’s show “Campus.” Subsequently, he appeared in TV serials like “Hudd Kar Di,” “Dil Vil Pyar Vyar,” “Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand,” and “Hare Kkaanch Ki Choodiyaan.” He has featured in many films, including “Target,” “Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai,” “Pyaar Vali Love Story,” and “Welcome Zindagi.” He has also done various comedy shows, like “Comedy Circus” (Hindi), “Papad Pol – Shahabuddin Rathod Ki Rangeen Duniya” (Hindi), and “Get Well Soon” (Marathi).
Besides acting and comedy, he has also hosted several shows, like “Chota Packet Bada Dhamaka,” “Ladies Special,” and “Dhabal – Ek Taas TimePass.” In 2008, he won the TV reality show, “Mr. & Ms. TV.” He has also hosted his own show on Red FM 93.5, “The Swapnil Joshi Show.” Joshi is the brand ambassador of “Thane Janata Sahakari Bank” and “Center Fruit.”
- Cuisines: Mughlai, Punjabi
- Food: Ukadiche (Boiled rice) Modak
- Beverage: Fresh Lime Juice
- His hobbies include travelling, swimming, and listening to music.
- In 2013, Swapnil won the Raja Paranjape Award for the Marathi film “Duniyadari.”
- After playing the role of ‘Young Krishna’ in the TV series “Shri Krishna” that people started treating him like a real God. While sharing an incident, Swapnil said,
When I was in first year of my college, one of my fan came to me and suddenly went down his knees. He touched my feet and started crying. It was an awkward moment for me. Few minutes later, he told me that he was a chain-smoker. He quit smoking because he is God-fearing man. Every time he smoked cigarette, my image as Lord Krishna would appear in front of him. That awkward moment soon turned into an overwhelming moment for me.”
- Swapnil disliked dairy products but while shooting for “Shri Krishna,” the makers added ‘Makkhan’ and ‘Ghee’ in his diet regimen; as Lord Krishna was fond of ‘Makkhan.’ He had put on a lot of weight while doing the serial.
- He hates working on Sundays.
- Swapnil enjoys going on long drives.
- He is popularly known as the “Shah Rukh Khan” of the Marathi cinema.
References [ + ]