Manasa Varanasi is an Indian financial information exchange analyst who was crowned the winner of the Femina Miss India 2020 pageant on 10 February 2021.
Manasa Varanasi was born on Friday, 21 March 1997 (age 24 years; as of 2021) in Hyderabad. Her zodiac sign is Aries. While growing up, she became interested in performing arts.
She did her schooling at Global Indian International School (GIIS) Kuala Lumpur Campus, Malaysia. LinkedIn During her school years, she actively participated in various extracurricular activities; the activities that she furthered while attending Vasavi College of Engineering in Hyderabad to pursue engineering. DNA While studying at Vasavi College, she worked as an internship trainee at Reliance Jio USA, Inc. for one month in September 2014. LinkedIn After earning a degree in computer science from Vasavi College of Engineering, Manasa Varanasi started working as a financial information exchange analyst at FactSet Fix Certification Engineer, a financial firm in Hyderabad. LinkedIn
Wikipedia Height: 5 ft 9 1⁄2 in
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 34-26-34
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Manasa Varanasi belongs to an upper-middle-class family in Hyderabad. Her father’s name is Anumani Varanasi, and her mother’s name is Shailaja Varanasi. She has a younger sister, Meghana Varanasi. According to Manasa, when it comes to the three most influential people in her life, it’s her mother, grandmother, and younger sister.
Relationships & Boyfriend
Reportedly, she is in a relationship with Nikhil Mandalika who was her classmate at Vasavi College of Engineering in Hyderabad.
Beauty Pageant & Miss India 2020
Since her school and college years, Manasa was intrigued about modelling, and after Priyanka Chopra won the crown of the Miss World 2000, it inspired Manasa to follow in Priyanka’s footsteps. In an interview, while talking about Priyanka Chopra, Manasa Varanasi said,
Out of all the beauty queens, Priyanka Chopra stands out to me because she’s an explorer – she has always chosen to push her boundaries and made her mark in various spaces – music, movies, entrepreneurship, social work, and the list goes on. Also, as a shy kid who tried to make herself heard, I always looked up to Priyanka for the outspoken badass that she was. It’s her versatility and strength that I draw inspiration from.”
The journey to win beauty pageants started from her college, where she won the title of Miss Fresher.
After winning the title of Femina Miss India Telangana 2019, she started preparing for Miss India 2020 that she won on 10 February 2021 in a grand finale event in which Haryana’s Manika Sheokand was declared Miss Grand India 2020, and Uttar Pradesh’s Manya Singh was crowned Miss India 2020 runner-up. Bollywood actors Neha Dhupia, Chitrangada Singh, Pulkit Samrat, and renowned designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock were among the jury panel of Miss India 2020.
- Beauty Queen: Priyanka Chopra
- Movies: Dead Poets Society (1989), Interstellar (2014), Andhadhun (2018)
- Movie Dialogue: “Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” from the film Batman Begins (2005)
- Song(s): ‘Social Jungle’ by Herizen, ‘We Are the Champions’ by Queen
- Sitcom: The Office (2005)
- Book: The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Emoji: Princess
- Dessert(s): Tiramisu, Fruit Pudding, Rasmalai
- Colour(s): Fiery Red, Turquoise
- Scent: Cherry Blossom, Freshly Ground Coriander, Pesto
- Quote: “Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.” by Mary Oliver
Facts & Trivia
- According to Manasa, Bharatanatyam and Carnatic music were an integral part of her life while growing up. Femina Miss India Facebook
- Manasa Varanasi has also been associated with some non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including Interact Club by Rotary International, where she worked as a committee member (2011-2012), and Make A Difference, where she worked as Center Head (2015-2018). LinkedIn
- Apart from dancing and listening to music, she finds reading as a valuable pastime, and she considers herself an avid reader.
- Manasa loves to explore new places and often shares pictures of her travelling experience on social media.
- She is also an adventure enthusiast and loves to trek during her leisure time; she has trekked the highest peak in Karnataka, Mullayanagiri Peak.
- Manasa Varanasi is a nature lover, and she finds skygazing through tree branches an enthralling experience to connect with nature.
- She is a skilled embroidery artist, and she spent most of the COVID-19 lockdown period enhancing her embroidery skills.
- While studying at Vasavi College of Engineering in Hyderabad, she was part of the college’s music band “NINE DAYS.” According to the members of this band, Manasa was the ‘Adele’ of the band. stumagz.com
- Manasa Varanasi has a kind heart for animals, and she has a pet dog, Ollie.
- Ms. Varanasi is also trained in Indian sign language. While talking about this in an interview, she said,
I learned to sign because…learning makes me happy. When I started learning the language, it was mostly my curiosity driving me. But over time, as I started listening with my eyes, I started understanding the beauty of deaf culture. I hope we all work together in making society more inclusive for the deaf community.”
View this post on Instagram