Vishhal Nikam is an Indian gym trainer-turned-actor who predominantly works in the Marathi entertainment industry. He is well known for portraying the titular role in the Marathi-language television show ‘Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba’ (2020).
Vishhal Nikam was born as Vishal Balaso Nikam on Thursday, 10 February 1994 (age 27 years; as of 2021) in Devikhindi, Sangli district, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
He attended two schools, N S V Devikhindi and Smt. Kasturbai Walchand College (Junior), both in Sangli. He pursued a Bachelor of Science (Physics) at Balwant College, Vita, Maharashtra. Thereafter, he enrolled himself in Baburaoji Gholap College, Pune, where he pursued a Master of Science (Physics). After completing his formal education, he moved to Mumbai, the entertainment capital of India, to pursue a career in acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Vishhal Nikam’s father, Balaso Yashwant Nikam, is a farmer. His mother, Vijaya Nikam, is a homemaker. His brother’s name is Akshay Nikam.
Born in a Marathi family, Vishhal Nikam follows Hinduism. A highlight on his Instagram account demonstrates him as an avid reader of Sarth Shri Dnyaneshwari (सार्थ श्री ज्ञानेश्वरी) Vishhal Nikam’s Instagram Highlight, a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita written by the Marathi saint and poet Sant Dnyaneshwar (also known as Mauli).
Vishhal Nikam started his career as a gym trainer. While working at the Gold’s Gym in Kandivali, Mumbai, he modelled for various magazine shoots.
In 2018, he walked the ramp for the brand MI KHADI at Mr, Miss & Mrs Pune Global Season II by Kashish Productions. He was also the show stopper for the event.
In 2018, he ventured into the Marathi entertainment industry with the film ‘Mithun’ in which he played the titular role. The film centres around Mithun and Kanchi, a couple who don’t seem to be serious about their relationship despite being together for a long time.
In the drama film ‘Dhumas’ (2019), he played the antagonist Tejsinh.
In 2021, Vishhal secured a part in the Marathi periodic film ‘Baloch,’ which showcased the repercussions of the third battle of Panipat lost by the Marathas.
Vishhal Nikam played the titular role in the action thriller Marathi short film ‘The Sniper’ (2021). In the film, a sniper and his spotter find themselves caught between duty and humanity while hunting down their enemies in the middle of a war.
In the Marathi television series ‘Saataa Jalmaachyaa Gaathi’ (2019), Vishhal played the role of Yuvraj. Unfortunately, the show went off-air before the lockdown. He rose to prominence after playing the titular role in the 2020 Marathi devotional television series ‘Dakkhancha Raja Jyotiba.’ According to Hindu mythology, Raja Jyotiba, the warrior god, was born with the combined power of triad of the three gods Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva.
In the 2021 Marathi historical show ‘Jai Bhawani Jai Shivaji,’ he portrayed the iconic role of Shivaji Maharaj’s braveheart warrior named Shiva Kashid, who disguised as Shivaji Maharaj to help him escape from the fort of Panhala. The show featured the heroic tales of Chhatrapati Shivaji’s warriors, who fought beside him.
Vishhal Nikam gained immense popularity for appearing on the reality television game show Bigg Boss Marathi (season 3) as a contestant in 2021.
- Actress(es): Sridevi, Sai Tamhankar
- His hobbies include playing cricket, gymming, dancing, and reading. He is a travel enthusiast who enjoys various adventure sports.
- Earning abundant votes in The Times of India (TOI) Opinion Polls, Vishhal Nikam became Maharashtra’s Most Desirable Man of 2020. The fitness junkie’s chiselled body, which he constantly flaunts on his Instagram account, has been featured in the TOI publications several times. Earlier, he was ranked no. 3 in 2019 and was in the top 15 of the 2018 list.
- The gym trainer-turned-actor showcased his spectacular bodybuilding skills when he gained 12 kgs in 20 days to portray the role of Lord Jyotiba in 2020. Born and brought up in the Sangli district of Maharashtra, Vishhal’s Kolhapuri accent made him perfect for the role. The dedicated actor also learnt horse riding in a week for the role. While talking about the challenges faced by him to portray the role of Lord Jyotiba, in an interview, he said,
After my audition, I was told to beef up, which I did in 20 days! It was challenging to do so with the gyms in the state still being closed. So, I requested a friend who owns a gym to give me access to it for some days. I even learnt horse-riding in a week as opposed to about 20 days that it normally takes to pick up the skill.”
Furthermore, due to his tight-packed shooting schedule, Vishhal was unable to concentrate on maintaining his physique, an important requirement for the role of Lord Jyotiba. Hence, he came up with the interesting idea of working out on the set using the on-set shooting equipment.
- His Instagram account features an image in which Vishhal is carrying his bedridden grandmother. The picture exhibits his love and care towards his family. The caption of the picture reads,
The generations !! When I was small I needed my grandmother every single time to help n guide me. And now the time has come when she needs me the most n I’m right there for her with all my heart.”
- His nickname is Vishnu.