Jagadeesh Prathap Bandari (also spelt as Jagdish Pratap Bandari) Telegraph Star is an Indian actor who is known for his work in the Telugu films industry. In 2021, he struck stardom when he played the role of Kesava in the Indian Telugu-language action drama film ‘Pushpa: The Rise.’
Jagadeesh Prathap Bandari was born on Monday, 18 January 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Chinnakodepaka, Warangal District, Telangana, India. His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
He did his schooling at Ekashila High School, Hanamkonda, Telangana. From 2009 to 2013, he attended Kakatiya University, Jagadeesh Prathap Bandari- Facebook Warangal, Telangana, where he pursued his graduation. Klapboardpost.com
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
His father’s name is Chandramouli Bandari, and his mother’s name is Lalitha Bandari. He has two sisters, Divya Bandari and Jansi Rachana Bandari.
Born into a farming family, Bandari grew up to become a farmer. Bandari was working as a sales executive before venturing into the entertainment industry. As a sales executive, he used to supply eatables, like french fries and sweet corn, in the theatres around his hometown, Warangal. Passionate about films since childhood, he tried his hand at filmmaking by producing various short films. In 2018, he shot an entire short film titled “Road Side Circus” via his mobile phone and uploaded it on his self titled YouTube channel. The short film featured a group of migrants who put up circus shows in different villages.
Thereafter, he moved to Hyderabad seeking acting opportunities.
He made his digital debut with the 2018 web series ‘Nirudyoga Natulu,’ which streamed on MicTV’s YouTube channel. The series centred around four aspiring actors, including Jagadeesh, who struggle to secure work in the Telugu Film Industry while living in Hyderabad.
He came into the spotlight with the 2019 Telugu-language crime web series ‘Gods of Dharapmuri’ in which he played the supporting role of Chalapathi. Streaming on ZEE5, the series centred around a mining mafia bubble in the 1970s which elevates the protagonist, Pratap Reddy, and his family from rags to riches as he reigns over Dharmapuri using violence and ruthlessness. In the series, Chalapathi is Prathap’s trusted companion.
He appeared in the 2020 Indian Telugu-language romantic Drama web series ‘Kotha Poradu’ as Addagutta Mallesh. Streaming on the digital platform aha, the series centres around the carefree village guy Raju, who, in order to pay the debts of his deceased father, leaves his village and moves to the city.
In 2019, he earned immense popularity with his film debut with ‘Mallesham’ in which he played the role of Anji. Based on the life of Chintakindi Mallesham, the Indian Telugu-language biographical film follows the journey of a man who brings a revolution in the weaving industry by creating the Lakshmi Asu machine.
In the 2019 Telugu-language biographical film ‘George Reddy,’ Bandari landed the role of a writer named Bheem Naik. The film is about George Reddy, a former Indian student leader and social activist who influenced the politics of Andhra Pradesh state in Osmania University in the 1970s.
In the 2020 Indian Telugu-language period action thriller film ‘Palasa 1978,’ Bandari played the role of Muthyalu. Set in the 1970s, the storyline of the film exhibits the incidents related to caste discrimination and untouchability in a town named Palasa, where Mohan Rao, a man belonging to a Dalit family, chooses the path of violence to oppose indiscrimination.
In 2021, he rose to prominence with Allu Arjun starring Telugu-language action drama film ‘Pushpa: The Rise’ in which he played Keshava (aka Mondelu), a loyal apprentice of the protagonist, Pushpa. Keshava’s Rayalaseema dialect in the film earned Bandari immense appreciation.
Thereafter, he was cast in the 2022 Telugu-language crime-drama thriller film ‘Pick pocket.’ He also starred in the independent films ‘Children of Sacrifice’ and ‘Oobi’ (2020) and the short film ‘Halahala’ (2020).
- Actor(s): Allu Arjun, Pawon Ramesh
- Cricketer: MS Dhoni
- Director: Rohit Penumatsa
- Film(s): Surya S/O Krishnan (2008), Dhada (2011)
- His friends and family fondly call him Gopi. Jagadeesh Prathap Bandari- Facebook
- In an interview, Bandari revealed that his father wanted him to pursue a career in the police department instead of the entertainment industry.
- The director of ‘Mallesham,’ Raj Rachakonda, discovered Bandari in the web series Nirudyoga Natulu. Consequently, impressed by the Bandari’s performance, Rachakonda approached him and offered him a role in ‘Mallesham.’ Earlier Bandari’s character, Anji, lacked dialogues in the film. Later, after witnessing Bandari’s spectacular acting skills the writers of the film were directed to write more dialogues for Anji.
- Jagadeesh Prathap Bandari enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages occasionally. Jagadeesh Prathap Bandari- Instagram
- His Instagram account features various pictures exhibiting Bandari smoking a cigarette.
- The actor is fond of photography. He clicks and uploads various random pictures on his Instagram account.