Aparna Yadav is an Indian politician who is known for changing her party from the Samajwadi Party to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ahead of the elections in 2022 after being a part of the Samajwadi Party for a long time. In 2011, she got married in a family where there are candidates for the Samajwadi Party.
Aparna Bisht Yadav Aparna Yadav – Instagram was born on Monday, 5 February 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Uttrakhand. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She completed her schooling at City Montessori School, Lucknow. She attended Loreto Convent Intermediate College, Lucknow to pursue her graduation and Manchester University, the UK to pursue a Master’s degree in International Relations and Politics. My Neta
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Aparna’s father’s name is Arvind Singh Bisht, and he is a journalist.
Her mother’s name is Ambi Bisht, and she served as an officer in Nagar Nigam.
She has one brother Aman Singh Bisht, who is an entrepreneur.
Husband & Children
Aparna got married to Prateek Yadav on 4 December 2011 and they have a daughter Prathama. Aparna’s husband is the younger son of Mulayam Singh Yadav, who is the founder of the Samajwadi Party.
Aparna’s father-in-law is the founder of the Samajwadi Party Mulayam Singh.
She belongs to the Thakur caste. The Hindu
In 2017, she stood in the UP assembly elections from Lucknow Cantt as a Samajwadi candidate but the BJP’s Rita Bahuguna Joshi won the elections. On 19 January 2022, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and left the Samajwadi party before the 2022 UP assembly elections. On 21 January 2022, she took to social media to share a photo in which she was touching the feet of her father-in-law Mulayam Singh Yadav, taking his blessings ahead of the assembly election.
- In 2017, Aparna attracted controversy when in an interview she gave a statement about her opinion on the caste-based reservation. She said that the reservation in the system was not correct. After she gave the statement, the opposition said that she had upset the OBCs, Scheduled Castes and Tribes. Hindustan Times
- In 2017, Aparna became a part of a controversy when the local Rajputs got upset after she performed on the song Ghoomar from the controversial movie Padmaavat on her brother’s engagement in Lucknow. Rediff
- Cash: Rs 1,26,650
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 5,44,94,224.43
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs 3,48,20,036
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs 7,96,109
- Personal loans/advance given: Rs 24,02,293
- Motor Vehicles (details of make, etc.): Rs 5,22,56,656
- Jewellery (give details weight value): Rs 1,88,54,371
Gross Total Value: Rs 16,69,09,126.32 My Neta
- Agricultural Land: Rs 30,50,000
- Non Agricultural Land: Rs 27,00,000
- Commercial Buildings: Rs 2,50,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs 3,20,00,000
Total Immovable Assets: Rs 6,27,50,000 My Neta
- Loans from Banks / FIs: Rs 4,50,00,000
- Loans due to Individual / Entity: Rs 3,45,61,542
Total Liabilities: Rs 8,15,66,542 My Neta
Aparna’s net worth as of 2017 was Rs. 14,8092,584. My Neta
- Her hobbies include dancing and singing.
- Aparna knew her husband from school days before they got married to each other. In 2011, their marriage was attended by various known personalities and celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan.
- She is a trained classical singer and is often seen singing at various events. She took admission in the Bhatkhande Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Lucknow to study classical music. She studied there for nine years.
- In 2014, she took a photo with Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a wedding that was questioned by the media. She also praised him for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan initiative.
- In 2017, a picture of Aparna and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath gained a lot of limelight when they met at a cow shelter in the Gorakhnath temple, Lucknow.
- In 2020, she was provided with the Y category security by the Yogi Adityanath government.
- In 2020, she has donated Rs. 11 Lakh for the construction of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya.3
- She donated Rs. 11 Lakh for the construction of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya in 2011.
- In 2022, after she joined the BJP, in an interview, she said,
I have always been profoundly, in fact, indelibly impressed by whatever our honourable Prime Minister [Narendra Modi] and honourable Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath have said, whatever their policies are, I think I adhere to it, I abide by them…I joined this party so that I can serve my nation better.”
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath congratulated her and tweeted about this.
अपर्णा जी का भाजपा परिवार में स्वागत है… pic.twitter.com/0fSYXJgMXI
— Yogi Adityanath (@myogiadityanath) January 19, 2022
- She started an organisation, B Aware, that looks after women’s rights and empowerment and also gives shelter to the cows in Lucknow.
- She is a veena player and sometimes plays it on various occasions.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often works out at the gym.
- She is a passionate animal lover.
- She is often featured in various newspapers.