Manya Singh is an Indian model, and she was declared as VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 1st Runner-Up on Wednesday, 10 February 2021.
Manya Singh aka Manya Omprakash Singh was born on Thursday, 27 September 2001 (age 21 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
She attended Lohia Inter College, Sahwa in Uttar Pradesh. She studied Bachelor of Banking & Insurance in Mumbai. She attended Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai to pursue her graduation in management. Facebook Beauty Pageants
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Omprakash Singh, is a rickshaw driver, and her mother, Manorama Singh, works at a parlour. She has one younger brother named Aman Singh.
At the age of 14, she escaped from her home and started working at Pizza Hut in Mumbai. She used to wash utensils and from that money, she continued her studies. She has also worked at a call center to pay her college fees. In an Instagram post, she wrote about her struggling days, she said,
At 14, I ran away from home. I somehow managed to complete my studies in the day, became a dishwasher in the evening and worked at a call centre at night. I’ve walked hours to reach places so I could save the rickshaw fare.”
She auditioned for the beauty pageant ‘Campus Princess’ for more than ten times but could not clear the first round in any of the auditions. She has worked as a model for many renowned fashion shows including Times Fashion Week and Lakme Fashion Week.
She has also worked in various print advertisements like Ahilya fine silver jewels.
In 2020, she won Miss India Uttar Pradesh title. She represented her state in VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 contest and was declared 1st Runner-Up in the beauty contest.
Whereas Manasa Varanasi from Telangana won VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020 title, and Manika Sheokand from Haryana was crowned as VLCC Femina Miss Grand India 2020.
In 2022, she participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss 16.’ However, she was evicted from the show within a few episodes.
- 2022: Kashi Vaishvik Gaurav Sammaan
- 2022: Dadasaheb Phalke Icon Award Film for The Most Inspiring Woman of the Year
- 2022: Global India National Stardom Award
- Scent: Rice Smell
- Food: Daal, Roti, Aam Ka Achar, Nutella
- Dessert(s): Kheer, Halwa
- Colour: Purple
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Film: Peaceful Warrior (2006)
- Quote: Make your own destiny!
- Due to her poor financial condition, she could not attend class 3 to class 8.
- In her teens, she used started a part-time job for Rs 15000. At the age of 15, she watched Miss India Pageant on TV for the first time, after which she decided that she would one day win the crown and make her father proud. At the age of 16, she worked as a utensil washer, and in the same year, she scored 80% in class 10.
- As per her interview, in 2020, she faced poverty, domestic violence, and patriarchal culture at a very young age which was imposed on her forcefully. She further said,
I’ve spent numerous nights without food and sleep. I’ve spent many afternoons walking for miles on end. My blood, sweat, and tears have amalgamated into the courage to pursue my dreams. Being a rickshaw driver’s daughter, I never had the opportunity to attend school as I had to start working in my teens. All the clothes I had were hand-me-downs. I yearned for books, but luck wasn’t in my favour. Eventually, my parents mortgaged whatever little jewellery my mother had to ensure that I paid my exam fees to earn a degree. My mother has suffered a lot to provide for me.”
- In class 12, she won the best student award. While pursuing her graduation, she studied for the UPSC exams as well.
- She loves reading books, travelling, and dancing in her leisure time.
- Due to her poor financial condition, she could not take grooming classes before participating in the Miss Uttar Pradesh contest in 2020. She used to observe the models and learnt catwalk from YouTube videos.
- Manya Singh is an avid animal lover.
- She has endorsed various brands on her Instagram account including Sephora and Staunch India.
- On 28 February 2021, she graced the popular Indian singing reality show Indian Idol 12 with her guest appearance on the show. She inspired the contestants of the show and also shared her journey of becoming the first runner-up of Miss India 2020.
- In 2022, she bought a house for her parents. In an interview, she shared that her mother thought that they would buy a house of their own. In an interview, she said,
My mom used to believe that we would never be able to afford a house in Mumbai, and down the line, we will all have to move back to Uttar Pradesh despite working hard all our life. But it was my dream to buy a house for my parents in their name so that they could feel secure enough to call Mumbai their own city. My parents gave me the opportunity and worked extremely hard so that I could have a good life in the city of dreams, and so I wanted to do my part and gift them a house. Now I can’t wait to decorate the new home and make it our sweet paradise.”