Aahana S Kumra is an Indian actress. She is known for playing the role of ‘Taruni Sikarwar’ in the TV serial “Yudh” (2014).
Aahana Kumra was born on Wednesday, 1 May 1985 (35 years; as in 2020) in Lucknow. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She did her schooling from Lucknow’s La Martiniere Girls College and Mumbai’s Mary Immaculate Girls’ High School. Aahana was inclined towards acting from a very young age and soon after she finished her schooling, Aahana joined Prithvi Theatre in Mumbai. She then enrolled herself in Mumbai’s HR College of Commerce to pursue a degree in Commerce and Economics. She even did a diploma in vocational advertising. Thereafter, she pursued an acting course from Whistling Woods International Institute, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Aahana Kumra belongs to a Hindu Family. She is the daughter of Sushil Kumra (Former Vice President at Lupin Ltd) and Suresh Kumra (Former D.S.P in Uttar Pradesh Police). She has a younger sister, Shivani Kumra who is Key Account Manager (KAM) at International Flavours and Fragrances. She also has a brother, Karan Kumra.
Aahana Kumra started her career as a professional theatre artist. She began doing theatre with Akvarious Productions, and later, she did plays with Naseeruddin Shah’s theatre company “Motley.” She did several plays like “By George” “Sona Spa,” and “Arms and the Man.” Subsequently, she featured in advertisements of brands like “Garnier,” “Red Label Tea,” “SBI Life Insurance,” and “Revlon.”
Aahana began her acting career in 2009 by playing the role of ‘Tisha’ in the short film “Mai.” Next, she played an episodic role in the TV serial “Yudh.” She has worked in many feature films including “The Blueberry Hunt,” “The Accidental Prime Minister,” and “Lipstick Under My Burkha.”
Aahana made her debut in digital media with YouTube’s web series “Official Chukyagiri.” Thereafter, she featured in many web series, like “Inside Edge,” “It Happened In Hong Kong,” “Offcial CEOgiri,” “Rangbaaz,” and “Bombers.” Kumra has also hosted the ‘Pro Kabaddi’ 2016 series on Star Sports. Besides acting, she has also walked the ramp for fashion shows like Lakme Fashion Week.”
- Food: Aloo Paratha, Shezwan Rice, Sushi
- Beverage: Limon Tea
- Actress: Emma Stone
- Film Director(s): Advait Chandan, Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, Nitish Tiwari, Abhishek Chaubey
- Colour(s): Black, Blue
- Travel Destination: New York
- TV Show: The Crown and Black Mirror (2019)
- Co-Star: Amitabh Bachchan
- Her hobbies include reading, travelling, swimming, and to explore a city on her foot.
- Aahana follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In 2015, she won the Best Actress Award at the third Noida International Awards for her performance in the short film “Siberia.”
- While doing theatre, she did all sorts of work from being a backstage helper to selling tickets.
- She has featured on the cover of the FHM Magazine.
- Aahana is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog Leo.
- Kumra is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- In 2018, Aahana Kumra revealed that there was a time when she was on the verge of committing a suicide due to her disturbed acting career. Times of India