Marta Milans is a Spanish Amerian actress who has worked in American, Spanish, and British film industries. She is known for her work in the films, Devoured (2012), The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2014), Asher (2018), and Shazam! (2019).
Marta Milans was born on Monday, 19 April 1982 (age 38 years; as in 2020) in Madrid, Spain. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She grew up in Ibiza, Spain. When she was a teen, she moved to New York City. She did a double major in Art History and Acting from New York University.
Eye Colour: Olive Green
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Her Father’s name is Alfonso Pérez-Andújar. Her mother’s name is Marta Cavestany. Her brother’s name is Sander. Both her father and brother are the owner of their organic cheese farm, Santa Gadea in Spain. Her sister, Gadea Pérez-Andújar is a jeweller.
She made her debut with the American film, Love in the Age of Dion (2006) as ‘Carol.’ She has also acted in short films, the first one being Luchador Love (2007) as ‘Nina.’ She has acted in a few shorts; Scandal (2009) and The Portrait (2011) being two of them. She made her British film debut with Shame (2011) as ‘Cocktail Waitress.’
She landed a lead role in the award-winning American film, Devoured (2012) as ‘Lourdes.’ The film was premiered at the 2012 Bilbao Fantasy Film Festival. Later, she starred in the American films, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2014), Asher (2018), and Shazam! (2019).
She made her Spanish debut with the TV series, La piel azul (2010) as ‘Carlota.’
The same year, she acted in the Spanish TV series, Valientes as ‘Alba Varela.’ In 2011, she made her American TV debut with the mega-hit series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011) as ‘Imelda Barros.’
In 2014, she landed a major role in the American TV series, Killer Women (2014) as ‘Becca Parker.’
She has starred in a few American series, such as The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez (2016), The Mysteries of Laura (2016), High Maintenance (2016), and No Tomorrow (2016-2017). She has also starred in a few popular Spanish series, such as Vergüenza (2017), El embarcadero (2019), and White Lines (2020).
Awards & Achievements
- Best Actress Award at The New York City Horror Film Festival in 2012
- Best Actress Award at Festival de Cine de Terror de Molins de Rei for the film “Devoured” in 2012
In February 2017, Kylie Minogue announced her split from Joshua Sasse. Reportedly, Kylie broke her engagement with Joshua after her suspicion of his growing closeness to Marta.
- Travel Destination: Ibiza in Spain, Lamu in Kenya, Lost Angeles, Budapest, New York, Amsterdam
- Chef: José Andrés
- Filmmaker: Steven Spielberg
- Films: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Forrest Gump (1994)
- Fictional Characters: Wonder Woman, Antiope, Hippolyta
- She likes doing Yoga, travelling, and has an interest in sports.
- When she was a child, she was a tennis player and was a fan of Steffi Graf in her childhood.
- She started playing the violin when she was three years old due to her grandmother, who wanted her to either become a prima ballerina or a famous violist. Years later, the owner of the music academy, where she was studying music, selected her to act in a Christmas play. Since then, she had worked in theatres until she made a move to the cinema.
- Since childhood, she dreamt of going to New York City and doing broadway theatre.
- She is a multilingual and can speak in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, and Portuguese.
- Apart from acting, she also focusses on the sales of her family’s organic goat cheese business, Santa Gadea (headquartered in Spain) in the United States. She is the spokesperson and chairperson of the company.
- She is also associated with The Art of Elysium, a nonprofit organization that focuses on bringing art to the sick, and the welfare of challenged children in both Los Angeles and New York.
- In March 2020, she gained citizenship in America.