Lidya Jewett is an American actress who is known for her roles in the films- Hidden Figures (2016), Black Panther (2018), and The Darkest Minds (2018), and TV series- Grey’s Anatomy (2019) and Good Girls (2018-2020).
Lidya Jewett was born on Friday, January 19, 2007 (age 13 years; as in 2020) near the Ethiopia-Sudan border in Ethiopia. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She was adopted at the age of four, out of an orphanage in Addis Ababa, and came to America.
At an early age, she showed her talent in academics as she had learned to speak in English before she went to kindergarten. She is very passionate about reading and loves mathematics and science. Later, her family moved from Miami to Los Angeles, and she became a bicoastal.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Her elder sister’s name is Isabelle Jewett. She has two elder brothers named Connor Jewett (a soldier in the U.S. Army) and MaclaᎥn Jewett.
She began her career in Miami by doing TV commercials and print advertisements. In 2015, she made her acting debut with the television series See Dad Run as ‘Lidya.’
She made a breakthrough with the TV series WITS Academy (2015) as ‘Gracie Walker,’ and went on to act in the series such as Grey’s Anatomy (2019), Jamall & Gerald (2019), and Good Girls (2018-19).
She made her film debut with Hidden Figures (2016) as young ‘Katherine Coleman.’
She has acted in the films- Wonder (2017), Black Panther (2018), The Darkest Minds (2018), and Feel the Beat (2020).
- Actor: Asante Black
- Beverage: Coffee
- TV Personality: Ellen DeGeneres
- TV Show: Friends series
- Film: Harry Potter series
- Book: Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
- Musical: Hamilton by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Bands: BTS, Blackpink
- Singer: Alec Benjamin
- Songs: Idol by BTS, In My Blood by Shawn Mendes
- In her spare time, she loves to read, watch makeup tutorials, sing, practice her photography skills, and use her microscope.
- She is a philanthropist and helps communities by packing relief meals for FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), reading books to young children, and sponsoring an orphan girl in Uganda by providing for her education.
- She likes to sing, and her ﬁrst big performance came when she sang live on stage at Grove for the Salvation Army’s annual Red Kettel Holiday event.
- She is also a motivational speaker for the teens who want to pursue careers in acting and S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Talking about her interest in show business and her journey to become an actress, she said,
When I was 5, we would be stopped by strangers out in public and they would urge us to look into modeling. This was happening repeatedly and my sister said if one more person stopped us then we had to look into it. Sure enough, the next person was a waitress and she said I would be in commercials.So we looked into it. I started with print modeling and commercials in the Miami area. At the shoots, production crew would pull my mom aside and tell her she needed to direct me to “on camera” and doors began to open and that led me to my current manager and team here in Los Angeles.”
- She has a fear of frogs.
- In 2019, her team won the Gracie Award for Ensemble Cast for their performance in the TV series “Good Girls.”