Pooja Misrra is an Indian television actress, model, and video jockey. She got immense popularity after appearing in the TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss 5’ in 2011.
Pooja Misrra/Pooja Mishra was born on Thursday, 11 March 1982 (age 38 years; as in 2020), in Munger, Bihar. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She did her graduation in law. Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Pooja Misrra was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Late Padmakar Mishra, and her mother’s name is Karuna Mishra. She has one brother, and her sister, Priya Mishra lives in Singapore.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Reportedly, she was in a relationship with multi-billionaire US-based businessman, Rico. She is not married yet.
She started her career as a model and had worked with various renowned brands.
She appeared as a VJ in the talk-show, ‘Jab We Talk’ (2008); aired on B4U.
She has appeared as a contestant in a few TV reality shows like, ‘Big Switch’ (2010), ‘Bigg Boss 5’ (2011), and ‘Welcome- Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi Ki’ (2013).
In 2012, she was featured in the item song, ‘Baaja Baja Denge.’
Pooja is one of the controversial celebrities in India. She has many controversies to her name, some of such controversies are:
- In 2009, she filed a police complaint against the hotelier, Timmy Narang who is husband of the Bollywood actress, Isha Koppikar. In her complaint, she said that Timmy was harassing her ever since she resisted Timmy’s advances in 2006. She further said,
Timmy’s sister Ramona and Shatrughan Sinha’s wife Poonam had installed spyware in her phone and sent rowdies to destroy her car. Rediff
- In 2015, she filed a complaint against some unidentified people for molesting her, while she was in Udaipur for her calendar shoot. In her complaint she said,
After having dinner at the hotel, I was offered a drink. After drinking it I returned to my room where and went into a deep sleep. When I got up in the morning I felt that I was molested and sexually assaulted.” First Post
- In February 2016, she filed a complaint against the Bollywood actress, Sunny Leone in the Bombay High Court for defaming her and demanded Rs 100 crore as compensation. Later, the Bombay High Court adjourned her case. In her complaint, Pooja said,
Sunny tried to overshadow me on reality show Bigg Boss, tried to malign my name in interviews and also along with her husband Daniel Weber, made attempts to sabotage my work. Deccan Chronicle
- In 2016, she filed another complaint against three videographers for intoxicating her and allegedly raping her in Jaipur, while she was shooting for a TV show. Zee News
- Due to her misbehaviour, she was restricted from entering her family’s apartment in Lokhandwala’s Windsor Tower in 2016. One of the members of the society said,
We have instructions not to let her into the compound. Her parents moved to Pune and the flat remains mostly locked. Her brother comes here, but she is not allowed.” The society has submitted a letter in this regard to the Oshiwara police.” Times of India
- She accused the famous Bollywood actor, Salman Khan and his brothers, Sohail Khan and Arbaaz Khan for harassing her and shared her #MeToo movement in 2018. In her Instagram video, she said,
Salman Khan, Arbaaz, and Sohail raped on me at multiple occasions. Shatrughan Sinha hacked my phone and laptop to steal the creative ideas, which were used to lift up Sonakshi Sinha and Malaika Arora Khan’s career and Shatrughan Sinha used black magic on me.” India Times
- She has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- She is the author of the book ‘Hotter Than You;’ based on her own life.
- She owns a film production company, ‘Pooja Misra Productions.’
- In 2017, she released her party anthem, ‘Hotter Than You.’
- In 2018, she launched her own reality show “Spare Me the Crab Mentality.”
- Her fight in Bigg Boss 5, with her co-contestant, Shonali Nagrani got immense popular on various social media platforms with the name ‘What is This Behaviour Pooja.’
- She is often spotted smoking and drinking alcohol in parties. Times of India
References [ + ]