Isha Koppikar is a popular Bollywood actress. She is famous for appearing in the Bollywood item song ‘Khallas’ from the film ‘Company’ (2002), the song earned her a name ‘Khallas Girl’ in Bollywood.
Isha Koppikar was born on Sunday, 19 September 1976 (age 43 years; as in 2019), in Mahim, Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her graduation in Life sciences from Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai. Amar Ujala
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Isha was born into a Konkani Hindu Family. Daiji World Her father’s name is Ragav Koppikar, and mother’s name is Bairal Koppikar. She has a younger brother, Anosh Koppikar.
Reportedly, she was in a relationship with the Bollywood actor, Inder Kumar, who died in 2017. Due to Inder’s excessive drinking habit, the couple had parted their ways.
Later, she met hotelier Timmy Narang through Bollywood actress, Preity Zinta. Isha met Timmy in a gym in 2005, and after three years of friendship, they started dating each other from 21 June 2008. The couple got married on 29 November 2009, and in July 2014, the couple was blessed with a baby girl, Rianna Narang.
Isha started her career as a model and participated in Miss India contest (1995), in which she won Miss Talent crown. She debuted as an actor in the Tamil film ‘Kaadhal Kavithai’ in 1998. She made her debut in Bollywood with Fiza (2000). She has acted in various regional language films such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Marathi. Some of her Hindi films are- Pinjar (2003), Krishna Cottage (2004), Don (2006), and Ek Vivaah… Aisa Bhi (2008). Her two hit Bollywood item songs are- ‘Khallas’ from Company (2002) and ‘Ishq Samundar’ from ‘Kaante’ (2002). She has judged a few TV shows including Nach Baliye 3 (2007). In 2019, she appeared in the ALT Balaji’s Hindi web series- Fixerr.
- She appeared in the controversial Bollywood film ‘Girlfriend’ (2004) and faced a lot of criticism from the critics and the audience. Sify
- In an interview in 2019, she revealed that at the beginning of her acting career she faced nepotism and was a victim of the casting couch. Hindustan Times
Awards & Honours
Miss India Contest
1995: Miss Talent
1995: Best Female Debut for Kaadhal Kavidai (Tamil)
2003: Most Exciting New Face for “Khallas”
10th Anniversary Humanitarian Award
2009: Valuable contribution towards PETA
- Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, and Indian
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Film: Mr India (1987)
- She got a tattoo inked on the tail of her spinal cord.
- She owns Mercedes Benz ML 250 CDI.
- She has worked as the spokesperson for the animal rights organisation ‘PETA.’
- She has changed her name twice to Ishaa Koppikar and Eesha Koppikhar on the suggestion of her numerologist, but later, changed back to her original name; as the changed name was not helping much.
- In January 2019, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and she was appointed as the working president of the BJP’s women transport wing.
References [ + ]