Sini Shetty is an Indian dancer, actor, model, content creator, and product executive, who rose to popularity after being crowned Miss India 2022.
Sini Shetty was born in 2000 (age 22 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. After pursuing her primary education at St. Dominic Savio Vidyalaya, Mumbai, she pursued her higher secondary education at K. J. Somaiya College Of Arts And Commerce, Mumbai. Thereafter, she earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance from S. K. Somaiya Degree College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Vidyavihar, Mumbai. Hindustan Times Although a marketing company hired her after an internship, her inclination toward dancing and modelling led her to venture into the entertainment industry. As of 2022, she is pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) course. India Today
Weight (approx.): 54 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Sini Shetty’s father, Sadanand Bhoja Shetty, is the Founder and Managing Director at Shikin Hotels Pvt Ltd. Her mother, Hema Shetty, holds the position of a Director at Shikin Hotels Pvt Ltd. Sini’s brother’s name is Shikin Shetty.
Husband & Children
As of 2022, Sini Shetty is unmarried.
In 2020, she worked as a model for the clothing brand Pantaloons.
Apart from that, she has worked as a model for various brands like Sugar, Global Desi, and Disrupt. She has also appeared in Airtel’s TV advertisement.
A YouTuber with over 6k followers, Sini Shetty frequently uploads dance videos on her self-titled channel. She also uploads numerous dance videos on her Instagram account. On 3 July 2022, Sini Shetty won the title of Femina Miss India World 2022 at Jio Convention Centre in Mumbai. She represented Karnatka in the beauty pageant. Sini was crowned by Miss India 2020, Manasa Varanasi. The win paved the way for Sini to represent India in the 71st Miss World pageant. Meanwhile, Rubal Shekhawat emerged as the first runner-up and Shinata Chauhan as the second runner-up in the pageant.
During her journey in the pageant Femina Miss India 2022, she won the ‘Times Miss Body Beautiful’ and ‘INIFD Miss Talented’ sub-contests.
- A dance enthusiast since childhood, she began dancing when she was 4 and completed her Arangetram in Bharatanatyam, under Padmini Radhakrishnan, when she was 14 years old; Arangetram refers to the graduation ceremony of a student of Indian classical dance in which the guru presents his or her pupil to the public. Later, she took dance training at Dance People Studio By Melvin Louis in Mumbai. Apart from Bharatanatyam, she performs Bollywood-style Qbop and hip-hop choreographies.
- She took training at Mumbai-based modelling and beauty pageant training company Cocoaberry before entering the 2022 Femina Miss India competition. She was the second runner-up in the Cocoaberry Diva in the May 2022 batch.
- In her leisure time, Shetty likes to dance, do community service, cook, perform yoga, and travel.
- In an interview, she revealed that she derives her inspiration from the Indian actress and model Priyanka Chopra. Shetty said,
Miss World 2000 Priyanka Chopra, when you look up to a person some of their words get stuck by you. The aspiration value increases, I remember hearing a interview of hers where she stated, ‘Don’t try to squeeze into a glass slipper. Instead, shatter the glass ceiling.’ I have been a fan ever since.”
- A philanthrope and an avid dog lover, Sini Shetty, in an interview, said,
If God would grant me one wish, it would definitely be that nobody goes to bed hungry. And if I get one extra wish it would be that I automatically get dog treats as soon as I see a dog.”
- As a finalist for Femina Miss India 2022, Sini, in collaboration with the Child Help Foundation, established a fundraiser for emergency medical support programs in India on the crowdfunding website Ketto.
- Into the Wild (2007) is her favourite film.