Rupanjana Mitra is a Bengali actress. She came into the limelight with the TV serial, “Chokher Bali.”
Rupanjana Mitra was born on Saturday, 18 October 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
he did her schooling from Kolkata’s Ballygunge Siksha Sadan School and went to Sikkim Manipal University to pursue her graduation.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Rupanjana Mitra belongs to a Hindu Family. She is the daughter of Goutam Mitra and Sukla Mitra.
She got married to Rezaul Hauqe in 2007. Together, they have a son, Rian. The couple got divorced in 2018.
After her divorce, Rupanjana was rumoured to be dating the actor, Biswaroop Banerjee.
Rupanjana Mitra started her acting career in 2000 with the Bengali TV serial, “Chokher Bali.” Next, she appeared in Bengali TV serials like “Tumi Asbe Bole,” “Checkmate,” “Sindoorkhela,” “Aanchol,” and “Behula.”
Subsequently, she played the role of ‘Sandhya’ in the Hindi TV serial, “Jai Kanhaiya Lal Ki.”
Rupanjana made her film debut in 2005 with the Bengali film, “Dadar Adesh.” Some of her popular Bengali films include, “Premer Phande Kakatua,” “Magno Mainak,” “Katakuti,” and “Panther.”
She has also featured in the web series, “Bou Keno Psycho” and “Dhanbad Blues.” In addition to acting, she has also hosted many game shows, like “Shoshur Bari Bonam Baper Bari,” “Utsaber Shera Paribar,” and “Nacho To Dekhi.”
- Actress: Sridevi
- Colour: Blue
- Travel Destination: Maldives
- Her hobbies include travelling and watching movies.
- Rupanjana is very particular about her fitness and visits the gym daily.
- Rupanjana became so famous for her performance in the Bengali TV show, “Behula,” that once, during her shoot, an old lady came and touched her feet. The lady said that Rupanjana had played a great mother in the show and she did not deserve to shed the tears that she did in the serial.
- In January 2020, Ranjana accused the director, Arindam Sil, of misbehaving with her during the script reading session of Bengali TV show, “Bhoomikanya.” While talking about the incident Rupanjana said,
Yes the incident took place in 2018. People would ask me why now. It is just that I have gathered courage over these years and become fearless. I have nothing to lose now.” India Today
References [ + ]