Łukasz Witt-Michałowski is a Polish theatre and film director and actor. He is the boyfriend of the Polish actress Anna-Maria Sieklucka.
Łukasz Witt-Michałowskiw was born on Tuesday, October 8, 1974 (age 45 years; as in 2019), in Lublin, Poland. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling from V LO im. Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie, Lublin. He studied acting from AST National Academy of Theatre Arts in Kraków, Poland. He studied theatre directing at Hessische Theaterakademie in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and graduated in 2004.
Height (approx.): 6′ 5″
Eye Color: Gray
Hair Color: Blonde
Family & Ethnicity
He has a sister named Monika Makuch. He is in a relationship with Anna-Maria Sieklucka.
He also has a son.
As a Director
While in Gerrmany, he worked with the famous Polish dramatists and playwrights- Sławomir Mrożek, Witold Gombrowicz, and Villguista. He has directed many plays such as Pustynia Tankreda Dorsta (2005), Pool (2008), Zły scenariusz: Dariusz Jeż (2009), Głód Knuta Hamsuna (2010), Aporia 43 Artura Pałygi (2012), Liza wg F. Dostojewskiego (2013), Tata ma kota Szymona Bogacza (2015), Ponowne Zjednoczenie Korei Joëla Pommerata (2017), Przepis na Cohena (2019), Gliny z innej gliny I (2020), and Gliny z innej gliny II (2020); the first one being Tangen (2005) which was staged at Theatr Stanisława Ignacego Witkiewicza in Zakopane. In 2007, he directed and wrote the play Lubelskiej Sceny InVitro; one of his most famous plays.
He made his television debut as a director with the polish series, Television Theater (2011).
As an Actor
He made his film debut with Syzyfowe Prace (2000) as ‘Tymkiewicz;’ from 1998 to 2000, he played the same role in the series of the same name, which also marked his television debut.
Awards & Achievements
- Grand Prix Publiczności at 42nd Review of KONTRAPUNKT Small Form Theaters in Szczecin for the play “Kamienie w kieszeniach” in 2007
- Anioł Publiczności for the play “Kamienie w kieszeniach” in 2008
- Indywidualna nagroda for direction and for registration by TVP Kultura XV National Contest for the Exhibition of Polish Contemporary Art appointed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Poland in 2009
- Nagroda za spektakl for direction, songwriting and authoring music of the play Ostatni taki ojciec in 2009
- Złota Odznaka Ministra Sprawiedliwości for zasługi w pracy penitencjarnej for the project Teatr Pod celą 2009
- Indywidualna nagroda for direction at 15th edition of the Polish National Competition for the Exhibition of Polish Contemporary Art for the play Ostatni taki ojciec in 2009
- Nagroda Prezydenta Miasta Lublin for Promoting Culture in 2009
- Nagroda Prezydenta Miasta Lublin for Promoting Culture in 2010
- Nagroda Artystyczna Prezydenta Miasta Lublina for the play Pogrom w przyszły wtorek in 2018
- Singer: Leonard Cohen
- Song: First We Take Manhattan by Leonard Cohen
- Book: Ma być czysto by Anna Cieplak
- He likes reading, singing, listening to music, playing football, and traveling in his spare time.
- He is a scholar of ‘Carl zum Aufgehenden Licht,’ an organization for students with outstanding capacities and scientific achievements, situated in Frankfurt am Main.
- He is multilingual and can speak Polish, Russian, English, and German fluently.
- His girlfriend, Anna, is 18 years older than him. He met Anna at AST National Academy of Theatre Arts in Wrocław when she was still a student. They both have worked together in theatre productions.