Dr Anshuman Kumar is a renowned Cancer surgeon in India. He is the Director and Chief Cancer surgeon at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital located in Delhi.
Anshuman Kumar was born on Wednesday, 12th July 1969 (age 50 years; as in 2020), in Patna, Bihar. He completed MBBS (Honours) from Patna Medical College in 1992 and then a post-graduation in General Surgery from the Aligarh Muslim University, in 1995. Post that, he did M.Ch in Oncosurgery from Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute (GCRI), Ahmedabad. He has also attained Membership of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons (MRCS) of Great Britain and Ireland. Head and neck and oesophagus cancer surgeries fall in his special area of interest. Having clinical experience in surgical oncology of more than 18 years, Dr Anshuman Kumar has by himself formed numerous clinical & surgical methods and protocol for the treatment of complex cancers. He often attends public programs and delivers discourses on cancer management globally.
He actively joins in media debates for the discussion on cancer-related problems and other prominent diseases.
Apart from having presented multiple papers, he has also attended various national as well as global medical conferences concerning cancer.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Black
Awards & Honors
- He received “The Rising Star Award in Oncology” by the Times Healthcare Achievers Delhi/NCR in 2018
- He received “Vidyuat Bhushan Samman” from Akhil Bhartiya Vidyuat Parishad, Kashi
- He received “Oncologist of the year 2014” Award at the Indian Health and wellness awards.
- The eminent cancer surgeon Dr Anshuman Kumar takes out the time of his busy schedule every Thursday to serve the underprivileged at the Kasna Village in Greater Noida. He does not only treat the patients there but also make them aware of the significance of living a healthy life and how they are supposed to do it. He concentrates more on educating the visitors.
- He showers his messages with supporting facts & figures. Here is an interesting video of him delivering a message to the public why saving energy is essential for a green planet-
- He has actively spoken about the Coronavirus pandemic and has guided people deeply about “dos and don’ts” to stay safe during the outbreak. He has also brought out to the public about the truth and myths associated with Covid-19.
- He runs Quit Tobacco campaigns and guides people about the health hazards of consuming tobacco.
- Being a Cancer specialist, he once posted a video message for a former infamous BJP MP Sharad Tripathi, who claimed “Gau Mutra” (Cow Urine) to be a cure for Cancer. He held people like him responsible for cancer patients falling trap to this hoax, leading to further delay in their treatment. Here is the video message-