Aaryaa Sharma is an Indian actor, who has worked in several Indian TV shows. In 2022, she debuted in the Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan starring Bollywood film “Laal Singh Chaddha.”
Aaryaa Sharma was born on 11 September in Mumbai. Later, she moved to London with her family, where she did her studies. After completing her formal studies, she worked as an area manager at the Royal Bank of Scotland. Later, she decided to pursue her passion and make a career in acting. So, she decided to leave her job and come back to Mumbai to follow her dream. Facebook – Tejendra Sharma
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
- She has a semi-colon inked on the wrist of her right hand, and a sun and a solar eclipse on her right arm.
- A star-shaped tattoo is inked in the centre of the back of her right-hand wrist. She has a right-angled triangle on the back of her index finger and a crescent moon on the back of her ring finger.
- A pentagram tattoo is inked on her left arm. She has stars, the planet Saturn, a magic wand inked on the front side and a crown on the side of her left-hand wrist.
- She has a heart-shaped tattoo on the upper side of her left arm, and she has a lightning tattoo on the back of her index finger. She also has a star in the centre of the back of her left-hand wrist.
Aaryaa belongs to a Punjabi family in London. Asian Voice
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Tejendra Sharma, is a well-known British Hindi writer. He is the first Hindi writer to receive The Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE). Asian Voice Her mother’s name is Indu Sharma; she passed away due to cancer. She has two brothers. One of her brothers is named Mayank Sharma.
In 2013, she appeared on Sony TV’s show “Desh ki Beti… Nandini.” She played the role of Mona Patel in Zee TV’s “Jamai Raja” in 2014.
In 2016, she appeared as Vrinda Mehra in the StarPlus’ TV show “Humko Tumse Ho Gaya Hai Pyaar Kya Karein.” She appeared in the StarPlus’ TV show “Love Ka Hai Intezaar,” which was released in 2017. In 2018, she played the role of Roshnaq Siddiqui in Colors channel’s show “Bepannah.” She appeared as Manjari in Sony TV’s show “Mere Dad Ki Dulhan,” which was aired in 2019. She was cast to play the role of the lead character, Sehban Azim’s mother, in Colors channel’s show “Spy Bahu” in 2022. Telly Chakkar
In 2014, she was cast in the short film ‘Makhmal’ directed by Faraz Ali in which she played the character of actor Jackie Shroff’s wife.
In 2021, she appeared in Hotstar’s web series titled “Grahan” in which she played the character of Mrs Chhabra.
In 2022, she debuted in the Bollywood film “Laal Singh Chaddha” in which she played the supporting role of a lady in the train. In an interview, she revealed how she felt when she was offered the role in the movie and got a chance to work with actor Aamir Khan. She said,
It’s a big banner film and I am excited. I am eternally thankful to the universe for providing me this opportunity to be a part of this beautiful film. I am over the moon to work with the Perfectionist of Bollywood – Aamir Khan. It was in my bucket list to work with Aamir sir and it feels now that my dream is finally coming true. I also believe in the saying ‘Kisi cheez ko shiddat se chaaho toh saari qaayenaat usey tumse milaane mein lag jaati hai’. God has been kind and I am super happy.” The Times of India
- Food: Roasted sweet potatoes, chocolates, cookies
- Actor: Robert De Niro
- Actresses: Madhubala, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet
- Movies: Notting Hill, Pretty Woman, Guide
- Book: Brida by Paulo Coelho
- Comic book(s): Chacha Choudhary, Billoo, Pinki, Raman, Jughead’s Double Digest
- Aaryaa was mentioned as Deepti Sharma in a few television shows in the credits. She calls Deepti her alter ego. She changed her name from Deepti to Aaryaa because of her love for the name Aaryaa. She also has an Instagram account with the username Deepti Sharma, where she regularly posts pictures of animals, buildings, and nature clicked by her. In an interview, while talking about her name change, she said,
We do not have the power to choose our own name during our birth as we get it from our parents. It took me a while to decide to change my name. Since childhood, I was bewitched by the name Aaryaa. I have always thought that, if I ever have a daughter, I’ll name her Aaryaa. But then I thought, why not keep it for myself and for the rest of my life be called by a name that I prefer to hear. Aaryaa is another name of goddess Durga Maa and Parvathi. It also means power and is connected with abundance, wealth and happiness. It sounds positive, which perfectly matches my personality and aura.” Urban Asian
- According to Aaryaa, she had a major crush on the Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar when she was a teenager. She and her family used to call him Raju. She called him her “Basspan ka Pyaar” in a social media post.
- In an interview before the release of the Bollywood film “Laal Singh Chaddha,” when she was asked about her journey in the entertainment industry, she said,
I came from London seven years ago to do films. However, one doesn’t get served film projects on a platter. One has to work hard, keep working on your craft and never give up on your dreams. I enjoyed doing television and it helped me survive and improve my acting skills in Mumbai. I kept giving auditions and one day, I got a call to audition for this film and things just fell into place. Life comes up with surprises and I look forward to making a mark in Bollywood.” The Times of India