Vindu Dara Singh, also known as Vindoo Dara Singh, is an Indian model, actor, producer, and entrepreneur. He is the son of wrestler, Dara Singh. Vindu has acted in various movies and TV serials. In addition to acting in movies and serials, he has also participated in many reality shows.
Vindu Dara Singh was born on Wednesday, 6 May 1964 (age 55 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. He attended Mumbai’s Jamnabai Narsee School. He pursued his graduation from Mithibai College, Mumbai. He made his Bollywood debut in 1992 with the movie “Diwana Ashiq.” Thereafter, he went on to work in various regional language movies as well. Vindu has also been a contestant on various reality shows.
- Height (approx.): 6’ 0”
- Weight (approx.): 90 kg
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 34″, Biceps 14″
Family, Caste & Wife
Vindu Dara Singh was born as Virender Singh Randhawa in a Jatt Sikh Family to the former wrestler and actor-Dara Singh Randhawa (father) and Surjit Kaur Randhawa (mother). His father and mother passed away in 2012 and 2016 respectively.
Film producer- Amrik Singh Randhawa is his brother. He has three sisters, Deepa Singh, Kamal Singh, and Loveleen Singh.
Parduman Singh, who is an actor, is Vindu’s half-brother
Vindu Dara Singh was rumoured to be in a relationship with Reem Kapadia, sister of actress Dimple Kapadia.
In 1996, Vindu Dara got married to actress, Farah Naaz. They have a son, Fateh Randhawa. Vindu Dara Singh and Farah Naaz got divorced in 2002.
In 2005, Vindu Dara Singh got married to Russian model and entrepreneur- Dina Umarova. The couple has a daughter, Amelia Randhawa.
Vindu Dara Singh began his career as a child artist in 1970 with the Punjabi film “Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar.”
In 1996, Vindu Dara Singh made his debut as a Punjabi actor with the Punjabi film “Rabb Dian Rakhan.”
Vindu Dara Singh started his Bollywood career as a dancer. He made his Bollywood debut as an actor in 1992 with the movie “Diwana Ashiq.”
Vindu Dara Singh has acted in many Bollywood movies including “Karan” (1994), “Garv” (2004), “Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya” (2005), “Kambakkht Ishq” (2009), “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi” (2004), “Housefull” (2010), “Housefull 2” (2012), and “Son Of Sardar” (2012).
Besides working in mainstream Bollywood films, Vindu has also acted in various Punjabi, Telugu, and Bhojpuri movies.
In addition, Vindu is often seen working in television serials as well. He has worked in mythological television serials like ‘Jai Veer Hanuman,’ ‘Vishnu Puran,’ ‘Jai Maa Vaishno Devi,’ ‘Jai Ganesha,’ and ‘Sri Bhagavatam.’
He has also acted in the play “Hello Darling.”
In 2009, Vindu participated in the reality show “Bigg Boss.” He was also the winner of the show.
Vindu Dara Singh judged the dance reality show “Chak Dhoom Dhoom” in 2010.
Thereafter, in 2011, he was one of the top 15 contestants in the reality show “Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout.”
Vindu Dara Singh participated and was also the winner of another reality show “Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki.”
Vindu Dara Singh and his wife, Dina Umarova, were contestants on Sony TV’s reality show “Power Couple” (2015).
In 2018, Vindu turned a producer with the comedy show “Golmaal The Play.”
He lent his voice for the Hindi version of the Hollywood film “The Incredibles” which was titled ‘Hum Hain Lajawab’ (2004).
Vindu Dara Singh portrayed the role of Lord Hanuman at Delhi’s ‘Lav Kush Ramlila’ in 2018.
In 2019, he, along with his wife, Dina Umarova, participated in season 9 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye.”
Apart from acting in movies and television serials, Vindu has also been seen on various television commercials.
- In 2013, Vindu Dara Singh was arrested in a spot-fixing scam during the IPL tournament. Kiran Bendbar, the prosecutor, had mentioned that Vindu had asked Asad Rauf, Pakistani umpire, to destroy the SIM card before getting arrested. Apparently, the SIM card was being used by one of the absconding bookies named ‘Sanjay Jaipur.’ The actor was, however, granted bail.
- In May 2013, Vindu came into the limelight again after being arrested by the Mumbai Police on the claims of being associated with some International Sex Rackets. Reports emerged that Vindu Dara Singh used to supply girls, who had come from Kazakhstan, to Indian cricketers. Singh was also connected to bookies named ‘Prem Taneja’ and ‘Pawan Jaipur.’ The girls had come to India on a tourist visa.
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Wrestler: Sonika Kaliraman
- Boxers: Manoj Kumar, Jai Bhagwan
- Singers: Sonu Nigam, Rupinder Handa
- TV Show: Bigg Boss
- Cricketer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Restaurant: Bayroute in Juhu (Mumbai)
- Vindu Dara Singh’s hobbies include travelling and swimming.
- He is a supporter of the political party- Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Singh drinks alcohol.
- His first wife, Farah Naaz, is the sister of the Bollywood actress, Tabu.
- Vindu manages “Dara Studios” in Mohali, Punjab. “Dara Film Studios” was founded by his father, Dara Singh, in 1978.
- He is fond of dogs.